Barbara's Lake Loop Trail

Barbara's Lake Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Laguna Beach, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice and quick Saturday morning hike/walk with just enough length and elevation gain to feel good. You are not too tired to get home by 11am to get to work on your house to do list.

Great loop. Lake was full of water .

Not a terribly attractive hike. This is an OC Park with $3/daily fee or use your annual pass. Parking lot is large and even on busy days doesn't usually fill. Trail is exposed and has no shade. Lake Barbara is dry. Ridgeline hikes are near or under power lines and you have a view of the 133.

Nice trail. Lake is dried up. It wasn't a couple of months ago when we hiked here last. Couple good climbs and narrow steep descents. Not a lot of traffic. This morning few other hikers and couple trail runners. Bring plenty of water. No dogs allowed.

I love being in nature so this trail receives 4 stars but I don't know how this trail is "easy" and quick. I hiked this trail by myself. I took the Lake Trail to the Canyon Trail as the map for this hikes says. Nearly half the trail is uphill and when you come down the trail is narrow and steep. I was prepared for a easy 3 mile hike not this. Now I know. I may come back when I'm better prepared (like more water).

I saw a total of 6 people on the trail and 3 others hanging out in hammocks. There are so many trails, it's easy to be on a trail by yourself for awhile.

good

Good, easy hike for families! The lake is dried up, but stop at the Nature Center and get the handout that helps you identify animals by the scat you find along the trail. My kids had a great time looking at animal poop! They "identified" a bobcat, a coyote, raccoons, opossums, and a deer. :)

Lake is dry right now