Barbara's Lake Loop Trail

Barbara's Lake Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Laguna Beach, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice and easy trail.

Trail does not open until 8:00am!! Makes me angry. Gate locked. The you still have to pay $3

We didn't see a soul on this trail. We took the lake trail to Edison then canyon trail. a couple of steep parts with loose rock on the canyon trail besides that, a nice walk

Nice and quick Saturday morning hike/walk with just enough length and elevation gain to feel good. You are not too tired to get home by 11am to get to work on your house to do list.

Great loop. Lake was full of water .

Friday, October 28, 2016

Not a terribly attractive hike. This is an OC Park with $3/daily fee or use your annual pass. Parking lot is large and even on busy days doesn't usually fill. Trail is exposed and has no shade. Lake Barbara is dry. Ridgeline hikes are near or under power lines and you have a view of the 133.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Nice trail. Lake is dried up. It wasn't a couple of months ago when we hiked here last. Couple good climbs and narrow steep descents. Not a lot of traffic. This morning few other hikers and couple trail runners. Bring plenty of water. No dogs allowed.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

I love being in nature so this trail receives 4 stars but I don't know how this trail is "easy" and quick. I hiked this trail by myself. I took the Lake Trail to the Canyon Trail as the map for this hikes says. Nearly half the trail is uphill and when you come down the trail is narrow and steep. I was prepared for a easy 3 mile hike not this. Now I know. I may come back when I'm better prepared (like more water).

I saw a total of 6 people on the trail and 3 others hanging out in hammocks. There are so many trails, it's easy to be on a trail by yourself for awhile.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

good

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Good, easy hike for families! The lake is dried up, but stop at the Nature Center and get the handout that helps you identify animals by the scat you find along the trail. My kids had a great time looking at animal poop! They "identified" a bobcat, a coyote, raccoons, opossums, and a deer. :)

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Easy nice loop trail.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Easy. Quick.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

The lake is dried up. Much of the loop has views on homes. It's an easy little loop though.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

This is a great stroll through Laguna canyon. Bring a hat, sunscreen, and get the kids out of the house.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Went to go hike this today but the parking lot is only open from 8am-5pm and it was my first time going so I didn't know where else to park. Will come back later in the day on another day (came at 7am) to check it out.

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Nice place for a hike. Lots of options.
We took the Lake Trail to the Edison Trail then the Canyon Trail back. My wife has a bad ankle and the Canyon Trail was a little of a challenge from the Reservoir 'til it flattened out. Next time we'll either go up the Canyon Trail or take the gravel road to back to the lake trail.

I see in the description that the trails are for hiking and mountain biking but all I saw was No Bicycle signs so maybe that's changed.

Monday, April 07, 2014

Just hiked this trail with elementary age kids today and had a wonderful trip. We took Lake Trail to Edison Trail and back down on Canyon Trail. It is beautiful right now with all of the green and the spring flowers. We did see one huge frog in the lake as well. Really magical and a good hike with kids.