Baltic Ridge Trail

Baltic Ridge Trail is a 14.3 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Kyburz, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

old growth

off road driving

This was my first time going off road in my new TRD Pro 4Runner. It was a beautiful drive, a littlr dusty. I ended up taking a side trail that was pretty difficult but the 4Runner took everything like a champ. When I got off this side trail I got lost and I couldnt make it back on without a spotter. I just drove around for hours and finally found pavement. I will be coming back soon.

This trail / rough road was fun to explore. We kept finding ouselves on other roads because we did not have the map zoomed in enough. There are lots of roads and trails to explore connected to this trail. We did not find anything that a stock 4x4 could not handle. Make sure to download the map because there is no cell service.

off road driving

Not to bad was easy for my sequoia to get through. lots of other trails around area to explore.

off road driving

Just a dirt road that's poorly marked.

Is this trail open in winter?

off road driving

I drove this trail with a stock 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 4X4 (non-Z71) V6 and it was easy and fun and had no problems. The view is amazing too. I also drove other trails nearby in Darlington California which were also pretty simple with some trails being more bumpy in tougher. This was my first offroad adventure and wont be my last. I will eventually lift this truck to go through the tougher routes. If you are new to offroading or want a simple offroading experience then this a great trail.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Great trail. fairly easy. great first time trail.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Nice trail to take a cruise on if near by. Stock 4x4 will have no problem.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Nice trail if you are in the area. If you go late spring or early summer start at the top, as you may get blocked by snow, even if it looks clear from the bottom! Be prepared to move or go over fallen trees, as clean-up of this trail is not anyone's #1 priority. There are a few good views of the Crystal range, but mostly you see trees and dust. Any high clearance vehicle would be fine, 4WD would be nice on a few spots, but not required.
This would be a great trail for a first time 4WD trip for anyone looking to get into 4 wheeling, just go mid to late summer, so the path will be clear.