Ballona Creek Bike Path is a 13.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Marina del Rey, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 13.8 miles Elevation Gain: 239 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Smooth bike path that goes from Marina del Rey to Culver City alongside a creek. Completely away from any cars, it's a great beginner path with some descents and inclines. Smooth bike path that goes from Marina del Rey to Culver City alongside a creek. Completely away from any cars, it's a great beginner path with some d...

Basically it gets one star for the homeless infestation and toxic waste that’s flowing in the so called creek during the first half, five stars for the second half.

Been riding this bike route for years now. Amazing how it connects Culver City directly to the rest of the west side and beach communities - only takes a teeny bit of cardio endurance. As the previous review noted, this path is a magnet for homeless folks and loners. That’s the only reason to dock it any stars. Otherwise it would truly be a gem of the city. During sunlight hours, you’re 99% of the time fine riding alone but even I have had one of those homeless folks fake-lunge at me aggressively, but ultimately I think he was just trying to mess with my head and get me to flinch or fall over. Definitely would not recommend riding at night. Just be on your lookout. There’s usually a small encampment west of Milton Street Park, just east of the Marina Freeway underpass. That’s where my incident happened.

Nice and a little challenging starting at McManus park. As I rode around 3pm there was a continuous breeze making me. I rode alone, as a woman I will not ride alone again. At the underpasses I saw several homeless tents.

I’ll ride my bike along this path all the time. About 75 miles a month which is great for me while others do this in a weekend. It’s a fun path that’s generally well respected by pedestrians and cyclists alike. Be careful during the summer months because tourists fail to look both ways on occasion. There’s no better way to get from Venice to Manhattan beach or even Torrance. Plenty of places to stop for food and a good sunset.

Fitness enthusiasts dream...

Sunday, October 07, 2018

good way to bypass the traffic from marina del rey to Culver ciy

Monday, June 18, 2018

A nice flat area to run.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Great Trail. 100% protected. Felt pretty safe while on the Trail. Beautiful once it gets closer to the ocean.

Friday, January 05, 2018

Best. Bike path. Ever! I love starting in Culver City and riding well into Manhatten Beach! Make sure you keep your eyes open as bikers can come by when you least expect it! So rewarding!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Good sweat. Loved everything about the road. At first I was alittle scared but it's freaken worth it.

Friday, February 03, 2017

We use this path weekly to add on some mileage and to head towards the beach in a safer way (out of traffic). Be vigilant as I have heard stories of people being attacked, but I've never felt threatened even on my rides alone. It isn't until around the time you ride under the 90 that you really start to see the beauty in the area. It's not all cement. I've seen incredible birds that I didn't even know lived in this area (cranes, pelicans, etc). It is gorgeous at sunset. :) We ride all the way down Ballona from Culver City down to the end of the beach bike path in Rancho Palos Verdes and then go back on the road and do hill training. Notice to walkers, please remember that this is primarily a bike path. Be courteous. Where there are walkways for walking pedestrians, please use them. Be aware. Listen for approaching cyclists. Let's share the path in a safe, harmonious way.

Friday, January 20, 2017

its nice and easy with plenty of payoff at the end as far as food and drink

Saturday, April 16, 2016

so nice

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Typical Lost Angeles cemented creek. love the plywood hanging condos the bums made under the bridge right before Jefferson blvd!

Monday, August 20, 2012

it runs alongside a creek that at first seems somewhat nice but then begins to look more like a sewer. i saw some pelicans and other interesting water birds towards the beginning, but as you continue, there's less wildlife and it's less scenic. this was a good beginner cyclist trail since it is restricted to bikes and no cars and is a smooth ride with some descends and inclines.