Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook Trail

Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marina del Rey, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Well the hike is great,but I was disappointed with the city. We parked on Jefferson blvd we walked to the entrance of the park. The street was full of trash. The city should clean it and fine whoever leaves trash behind! Its such a bad impression of Culver City.

stairs are killer goodd view on clear day nice family hike

The stairs are a killer work out!

always a lightweight breezy walk to a small stair climb that makes you pay for the view

bring a hat!

This is a really easy hike to go on for beginners, and you get a really good view. There is a summer camp at the top + the Culver steps if you feel like tackling that.

Great, accessible workout in the city. Plenty of free street parking when I go on weekdays. Bathrooms, drinking fountain, and nice city views found at the top. I like to take the stairs up and the switchback trail down. It's a little crowded, but that doesn't really matter since it's just a city stairs workout.

Nice hike, nice views

Good but packed. Once you've done it, not really much to return for unless you're making it a part of your fitness routine. Fantastic photo vantage.

My fav

Nice quick workout. Beautiful views as you can see in all the pics. It was around 53 degrees outside when we started. We got there around 8:15 AM and it was packed full of people! Drove to the top and only about 3-4 vehicles parked in the lot. I guess everybody wants to use the park but nobody wants to pay to park there. Maybe that's why I seen a ranger on the trail with his ticket book in hand. They need to make money somehow to keep it up. It costs $2.00 per hour to park there or $6.00 for all day.

Anyhow, it was a 45 minute drive to the park from OC but I would definitely go back there again.

Great trail for family hiking with great view!!

Stairs are a good workout with a nice view.

Stairs are a killer for beginners! But this is great for a quick workout.

Hike this right before sunset and watch it at the top! it is beautiful with a beautiful view of the whole city and the hollywood sign and the ocean and I am definitely doing this again.

I’ve hiked this trail and Culver City steps many times. Great place to get a quick workout near home.

Traffic was probably heavier due to the holiday, but I’m not even mad. Holy jeez what a view!!!

Was pretty disappointed not going to lie...

Climbing up the big concrete slabs is quite the workout. Convenient to access. Biggest downside is how crowded it gets - I would rate this a heavily trafficked trail based on the 5 or so times I’ve been.

A solid urban style hike in Culver City / West Los Angeles area. Ideal for the fitness types and lite hikers. The stairs are quite the workout.

Heavily trafficked trail that is easy and offers cool city and beach views. I like to do it twice to stay agile for other hikes. There is still some free parking available.

Good workout on the stairs

It was great. I was extremely tired but it was worth it.

getc

Hard

Super easy... but the stairs are a real work out. Good hike for kids.

Great trail with nice views of the city! Great for hill repeats.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Take bands or weights/kettlebells you will feel the staors but recomen doing at least twice then do some workout somewhere at the top

Saturday, June 10, 2017

I went over Memorial weekend so it was pretty crowded but I enjoyed it none the less. Go early in the morning or late afternoon because it could get pretty hot. If you're not up for climbing the steps you can take the trail up to the top. Bring water! Overall it was a great workout.