Bald Mountain OHV Road

Bald Mountain OHV Road is a 16.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Shaver Lake, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, bird watching, and off road driving and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 16.2 miles Elevation Gain: 2,345 feet Route Type: Loop

ohv / off road driving

South Side Access Up the Hard Side (Staying to the Right), down the Easy Side

off road driving

Awesome trail for off-road activities. Drove my 2018 Jeep JL through it with out any problems. No real crazy obstacles but you can make it difficult if you choose too. Kids had fun and watching the sunset from the watch tower was amazing.

off road driving

Very fun trail Does have it’s rough spots! For sure 4Lo 16 Z71 3” fr lift on 35s

It was my first off road trail. I completed it in my stock Toyota Tacoma Off Road 4x4. I took the easier route. I wasn’t sure where the trail head started. I believe I did it Topside. Started at Snow park area.

off road driving

Fun trail, although sometimes tricky to find your way. Follow the cairns! Beautiful scenery with a few tricky sections, but I did it with a 1st gen Tacoma TRD with a 2” lift, no issues. We took the harder way up (stay right at first fork) to the lookout/summit, then went over to Brewer Lake instead of looping back down. Brewer Lake trail is rough at the end and my vehicle sustained some minor damage, but Bald Mtn was great!

off road driving

Crawled up with H3 on 34s with RTT and TRD Pro. No problem at all. Recommend rocksliders for sure.

off road driving

Perfect trail for stock or nearly stock trucks. Saw a bunch of heavily modified rigs out there but that may be due to Bald being the only trail currently open in this area. Went up with my nearly stock 3rd Gen 4Runner and my brother in law’s stock 1st Gen 4Runner. Both of us made it without issue and would do the trail again.

off road driving

My daughter wanted to try out her 14 Jeep Sahara for the first time. It has 35” tires with a lift kit, although no lockers. She and the Jeep did great! Thankfully AllTrails kept us on. The right patch and we had a wonderful time. The Trail was challenging enough to keep you entertained, but was a good first time trail for her to learn on. We did keep to the right side trail, the easy one, and had a blast.

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Awesome views. Great off-roading for a newbie. 2007 FJ Cruiser bone stock.

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Great day off roading, great scenery and beautiful weather. Trail is easy to locate and has access to many other trails in the area. Trail is rated as “more difficult” by the US Forest service. I took my Rubicon and although there was some technical areas I never needed to engage the lockers. My rig is stock other than additional rock rails and I only encountered a few places where the frame rubbed a bit. Although this trail is called a loop there are quite a few off shoots that can be confusing trying to get back to Dinky Creek road. Overall a great area with some good trails, I’ll be back!

Monday, September 17, 2018