Bald Mountain Trail

Bald Mountain Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Shaver Lake, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1938 feet

off road driving

Great trail, challenging and beautiful. Starts steep and mellows out in a meadow before the final summit pushes. There were still patches of snow on the ground around 8k ft up on Monday, May 29. Have to agree with the last review that the trail is not well marked once you get to the meadow and again when you're following the creek path. It was very easy to get lost but luckily the snow-capped mountains to the east helped me keep my bearings and find the trail again. Parts of the trail area doubles for jeeps and ATVs but their trail starts in a totally different place so it's not like you can follow them back down. All in all a great trail but could use more TLC

First let me say that this trail is magnificent and beautiful. And the top is absolutely amazing. That said, you better have some serious navigation skills because it is not well marked and easy to get lost. My girlfriend and I were the only ones up on the mountain Sunday and we got lost and had to sleep there for the night. We made it out because of the good people at Fresno County Sheriffs search and rescue.

Beautiful hike but better be prepared.

Very beautiful hike and even in at there was snow patch and I went last Wednesday! Loved seeing all the rock formations

Love this trail

I hiked this trail back in April and there was still snow pack for the top half of the hike.

I liked that this trail was easy to moderate and definitely can be considered a day hike. The views of shaver lake and the surrounding sierras are beautiful at the top. I recommend this hike for all levels.

off road driving

Had a blast, very nise trail. I'm hoping to go soon again.

off road driving

Midnight madness what a blast.

Monday, June 06, 2016