Bald Hills Road

Bald Hills Road is a 31.7 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Waseck, California that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round.

31.7 miles 4872 feet Point to Point

off road driving

scenic driving

Awesome drive... gave me a chance to see some of the trailheads I will be using in the near future. I got to see and take some pics of a herd of Elk and got to see a Prairie Chicken(Grouse) that I don't see very often. I drove by the fire lookout way up top as well. Oddly enough there is a fire station back there too. I drove through a bit of snow and ice as well... Brook, my lab got to see snow for the 1st time. Pretty funny, I did Little Bald Hills Trail 2 days ago and they are 60+ miles apart.

scenic driving

Not a trail but a road trip. A steep climb to LadyBird Johnson Grove, with large Redwoods, where the road levels out and follows a ridge crest. From there the road is either closed in by trees or open prairie. Incredible and beautiful vistas on this trip of ridges and valleys cloaked in dense Redwood growth.