Balboa Park Trails

Balboa Park Trails is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

6th and Juniper. 6th and Upas.

I love how you can find a moment of quite in this bustling city. Just don't walk it alone, there's a few homeless here and there

A rather challenging ride for the average mtber. I started at the Dog Park going south and took Pershing Dr back up to the park. Half of the trail on the Florida Dr side has some pretty rough and technical climbing. It might be easier with a FS mtb as I did it with a hardtail. Overall, its fun and accomplishing.

Special event at Balboa Park.. Had a good time, walking and helping support our community events..

My favorite!

Saturday, August 13, 2016

A nice easy stroll in a quieter part of town. Nice view of the Coronado bridge

Monday, May 23, 2016

This is a great trail almost 4.4mi. I burn about 700+ calories and it takes me a an hour.

Just a suggestion start at the Golden Hill circle park, you can leave your car there. follow the Golden Hill trail #22.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

If you are running, I would suggest to stay clear of the museum and main bridge area. Although that area is easy and safe for runners, there are tons of people/tourists that you constantly have to dodge. If you're the type of person that doesn't like running in crowded areas, I'd suggest to find alternate route, or go well before/after the museums open/close.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

It was a very easy trail and beautiful views!!!

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Very chill. Easy hike. Nice break from the city

Monday, November 23, 2015

Fantastic and quite a workout at times! Great segway into Florida Canyon and Morley Field. Parking was a breeze but I went on a Monday afternoon.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

I'm lucky to live across the street and can take off on any of the nearby paths. Excellent scenery and friendly people along the way.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I like this trail and enjoyed the whole afternoon hike. Afterwards, enjoyed watching those dogs.

I will do it again in the morning..

Monday, June 08, 2015

Fabulous. Urban exploration and nature trails. I found the trail markers confusing but it made for a fun adventure and you can't really get lost. We started at the rose garden and cactus garden then crossed the bridge into the park/museum area. Stopped at the botanical building and koi pond and continued on to the bridge that goes over the freeway and visited the marston house.
We saw bunnies, squirrels ( a reddish kind very cool) a blue heron and blue birds. The aroma or scent trail was nice and on the way back ma and pa sucked me into a succulent and cactus exhibit and then we visited the mosaic garden. The fountains are all turned off due to the drought. The tower bells sound awesome as you're hiking and walking through the park. We spent about four hours because we took our time to check out all kinds of things.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Balboa Park is a beautiful area of San Diego. Lots of museums in the area with beautiful architecture.