Badlands Park and South Laguna Coast

Badlands Park and South Laguna Coast is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Laguna Niguel, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

No hiking gear necessary except for maybe some water. This is really more of a running trail for locals but in our hot California summers, the ocean breeze and views are stellar. No shade, so bring a hat and sunscreen. It’s easy and flat, perfect for a before lunch walk. Recommended for all ages who enjoy the urban outdoors. This is a highly populated upscale area so the relative seclusion, even on a weekend, was a plus.

Beautiful! Goes right along the ocean with sharp cliffs. Exactly what I was looking for with the dogs. Wasn't too busy on a holiday weekend either

Beautiful views.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

It is in a guarded gate community. You can park outside and ask to go to the badlands trail and they will let you in. I was the only one on the trail the day I went. It is easy and beautiful.

Thursday, June 08, 2017

was alot of fun... the houses were great also

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

nice I loved how simple and easy going. and a beautiful view

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

This is not really a trail. It's a neighborhood walk ... with good views of the ocean visible behind some beautiful multi-million dollar homes. The trail to the left is shorter and well defined. The trail to the right merges into another neighborhood and if you proceed along the paved drive, different views of the ocean are available. Those trails are quite steep -- down then up -- but offer easy footing.

Even as far up from the ocean as we were, the sounds of traffic on the Pacific Coast Highway were almost overwhelming.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Always good for the view and a nice easy hike.

Monday, March 14, 2016

It was confusing at first... Longer trail is to the left of the park... Great views

Monday, October 05, 2015

Beautiful views!

Saturday, June 20, 2015

I’ve been walking for awhile now using my Fitbit to get exercise. But it has been getting very boring doing it at all the places I have been going. I needed to change things up. I found this website and decided to give it a try. And this was the first “hike” using this web site. I picked this trail because it was short and easy. I didn’t want to start out to big. As luck would have it my daughter decided to join me. Even though she loves to sleep in and I wanted an early start to avoid the heat.
The directions were off. You can’t go where it says to go because it is a gated community. But we parked outside of the community and walked into the “park”. I chose to go right and we walked along the backside of houses. Then we walked down a steep hill. The trail ended and we had to walk up the hill. It was very steep. This was not easy. We went back to the “park” and tried going the other way. It got a little confusing and I had to use Google Maps, but I finally located the true trail and we had a nice long walk. You’re basically walking on the back side of really nice homes, with a really good view. We reached the end and headed back. All and all a good first experience. I am ready to tackle more trails.

Sunday, April 05, 2015

This was a great little trail with amazing views. My husband and I were able to chat while relaxing on a rock while enjoying the views. We'll be back especially when we have visitors!

Monday, February 16, 2015

I did it with my wife and two kids today and we had a blast. The trail is easy and can be easily done with kids while still the view is breathtaking.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Wierd place. To close to houses and not a good area for running.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

This was an easy and short hike, about 3 miles total, but the view during the whole hike to the coastline was amazing. Definitely worth to try.

recorded 20180819 wd JP