Badger Pass and Oak Savannah Loop Trail

Badger Pass and Oak Savannah Loop Trail is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Basqueros Reservoir & Watershed, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

It was a Beautiful Sunday morning hike.. Windy but beautiful... right off the incline was a butt kicker

4/22/2017 Hike
We started hiking as a family and this is only our second hike. I was afraid that this might be too difficult for novice hikers like us. It turned out easier than I thought, the uphill trek was slow going but doable. I don't recommend to people with bad knees or backs. Once you get over the hill, the views are amazing! There are some areas closed off due to erosion and at this time of the year, some parts are overgrown, but still doable. Definitely worth going to this one.

The lower trail was muddy and overgrown due to the recent rains, small areas just completely torn-up. The wind was almost unbearable to me for the first hour, but I kept going. Great uphill workout though, and a nice view of both Sierra (in far distance) and Diablo. Park entrance is $6.00.

Quite a hidden gem with some great views if you go while the hills are green. The trail starts and ends with substantial elevation changes. This not a casual stroll. Parts of the trail were overgrown with vegetation. There are lots of cows, horses, hawks and I saw a few coyotes on the trail. Also some good views of Mt. Diablo.