Camp Ohlone Road

Camp Ohlone Road is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sunol, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This trail takes you directly to Little Yosemite.

I really enjoyed this trail. Lots of wildlife and cute cows that graze the fields. Little Yosemite is a lovely landmark along the way, although it tends to be pretty crowded with people sunbathing, wading and swimming. Not trying to be a party pooper, but this place does NOT allow swimming and wading...I wish people would respect this park rule since it's usually in place for a good reason... I'm removing an extra star from my review due to the fact none of the water faucets/fountains work.

Not too far from home but offers tons of hiking, backpacking, and even camping options from this single staging park. Today we just did around 5 mike loop but it was perfect for our two families. Ran into many people up to Little Yosemite falls spot but then it thinned out a bit. Still you’re never alone long, especially in such a sunny day after a week of rains. I’m planning to do the section hike to Del Valle from here in the summer solo, but the lush green landscapes today were so nice.

great trail, had a lot of fun walking along the stream. beware of sun burn and prepare enough water. they will charge 5 dollars for nothing.

Too many people in 'little Yosemite' but once you pass it, you'll have the mountain for yourselves. It's full of critters, so if you bring a dog that likes to 'hunt' you may want to keep him on leash. (no ticks)

Monday, November 21, 2016

As a part of our Sunol Regional Wilderness Loop Hike (8.5 miles), we started at the Indian Joe Creek Trailhead, then we turned to Canyon View Trail, continued onto Camp Ohlone Road, Geary Road, Backpack Road, McCorkle Trail, Eagle View Road, Cave Rocks Road and finally returned to Indian Joe Creek Trail to complete the loop. This hike was an 8.5-mile loop hike (4.5 hours) with a total ascent of 1,900 feet. The scenery was fantastic and we all got a very good workout.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Easy overall. I only went till the dam and headed back. I just followed the road all the way.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

easy to moderate hike. went to the park boundary instead of the backpack camp. beautiful hike that is crowded at beginning and then thins out at after Little Yosemite

Saturday, June 13, 2015

I did this last week. the hike on the trail was not bad at all. climbing the boulders is what got me tired, but it was really fun! the water was running so it was pretty. we were able to dip our feet in and relax!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

It's definitely an autumn trail for me, main parts of the trail is exposed to the sun. Much better to trek with a little over cast above. There are a lot of side trails that run along the creek. Beautiful views, lots of parking, lots of dragon flys in the area.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Cool place. . way better if you go off the path. ..

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Very nice trail system that is well marked. Parking is $5 and you will get a map. Little Yosemite was bone dry this time of year. Nice views of Calaveras reservoir in spots. This trail area is much more than just this loop or just Little Yosemite. There are lots of trails and this trail system and can connect you into the Ohlone Wilderness Trail which is 20 miles long, goes through Mt.Rose and ends up at Del Valle Lake in Livermore. Dog-friendly trail but no dogs on Ohlone Trail or allowed in camp sites. Camp sites require you get an overnight permit in advance. Easy to moderate depending on the trail. Little Yosemite is flat and easy.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Nice easy walk to the little yosemite falls good place for the kids to cool off in the cold water, right now the Calaveras reservoir reconstruction project the has brought the water level way down but still a nice place to visit.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A very beautiful sunset hike up to the backcountry campground where I stayed the night outdoors listening to the coyotes, cows, and crickets. The views were great and it was very isolated considering it is only a 45-minute drive from SF. Hiked back the next morning. There are some steep sections but the views are worth it.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

I have visited this park several times but never completed the hike because I was distracted by the gorgeous swimming holes. I enjoyed climbing between boulders up the creek while taking a refreshing dip along the way. this park is very dog friendly as well. One of my favorites.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

It was a great trail hike! There are two trails you can choose from. Of course we chose the hardest trail with the steepest hikes. But at the end we found little Yosemite and it was worth the hike.

Saturday, April 01, 2017