Backbone Ridge Trail

Backbone Ridge Trail is a 17.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lakehead, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 17.1 miles Elevation Gain: 2,713 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

off road driving

Enjoyed myself driving this trail and think if you are in the area you would also enjoy it.

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Mother Nature at its best.

Monday, April 02, 2018

Amazing place

Sunday, October 19, 2014

My partner and I stumbled onto this trail while looking for the Sugarloaf Creek trailhead. We have done some off-roading with our Jeep Wrangler but we're anticipating a hiking day, not an off-roading trip. However, the ride was so much fun and the views of Mt. Shasta, etc, were so awesome that we just decided to keep driving. This is an easy-to-moderate off-roading trail. We did this with a basic 2-door Jeep Wrangler (not lifted yet, no winch) without 4-wheel drive (broken transfer case linkage - hey, I said we weren't planning on off-roading today!) and while there were a few tense moments where the road had some water wear, we were fine. Excellent drive!

Monday, May 07, 2018