Azusa River Wilderness Trail

Azusa River Wilderness Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Azusa, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A little less interesting than I thought it might be. If you look carefully at the topo map (I didn't), you'll see the trail is about 20 feet above the river most of the way. Not exactly a wilderness, either, as you can't swim because of periofic discharges from the dam upriver. But, it's not too far from civilization, and you have some decent views of the canyon.

Not hard at all, nice scenery

Not the hardest trail, plenty of shade and wind. It wasn’t hot at all because of the wind and shade there was on the trail. However, when I went there was a sign that said the park was closed, but I went in anyway and no one said anything to me. No ticket, no nothing. If you’d like to see the river, the trail gets down to it further along the trail. There are also bags to clean up after your dog, but you have to carry it until you get back to the beginning because there are no trash cans along the trail.

nice place this is a nice casual place for a good exercise walk. After the reservoir area, the trail gets narrow, rocky, and a bit dangerous. there is always a chance that heavy rocks from overhead could fall onto you. There is not much going on in regards to other trails around the area that you can explore off of the main trail. Also, there's graffiti at various places, which kills the immersion. No real sign of Wildlife.

I liked this trail a lot, the only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars was because there was a lot of graffiti on the rocks along the trail. There is no sign that marks where it ends so we ended up going pretty far and climbing over rocks past the end of the trail which turned an easy hike into a more difficult one but it was fun and challenging. Lots of pretty spots to stop and check out the water.

This trail was beautiful and pet friendly! Everything is green and the river is flowing.

It’s not closed anymore!

short, easy, good short walk if you are in the area, otherwise not worth the drive if coming from far

I gave this trail a three because it was closed. It was closed for a good reason so it’s not actually a negative, however, I didn’t see it listed as closed online and I drove about 50 minutes to get there. I’m hoping to go back and try again when the wind and fires die down.

Beautiful and short kind of rocky at the end of the trail before you turn around and come back

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Chill and easy walk by the river, it was flowing heavy today! Beautiful nature walk to do in the late summer afternoon.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Just completed it today, a nice little trail for beginners. It was very easy and fun.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Good to take your kids. Wife and I took our 8 y/o. Played GI Joe all 2 miles. He loved it.

Monday, March 27, 2017

closed

Saturday, April 02, 2016

The signs said the hike was closed but me and the person went in anyway. There's definitely a drought right now so there isn't much water if any at all. We didn't finish the ending of the trail because truck workers drove in and it was just me and another female.

Monday, June 08, 2015

This is a totally relaxing trail. there is a Buddhist Temple out there on the way to the water. Simple but really nice.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I've found some amazing watering holes..climb higher and discover there is so much more veiled by our senses.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Trail doesn't EXIST!!!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wow this app directions sucks, takes me to downtown is this Azusa

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

this is not a trail and need top be removed.