Aztec Falls

Aztec Falls is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar Glen, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 239 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great hike and loved the waterfall. Didn’t like the last part to get down. That was really tough. Worth it!

I didn’t take the original trail yesterday but followed the creek all the way down to the falls. Mainly stayed to the right of the creek but had to cross to the left a few times because we ran out of hillside. Either way we made it. Be prepared to get wet to your waist. My niece & I had a blast! Met some nice hikers along the way that helped us guide us in the right direction! Bring lots of water & please don’t litter. I brought a kitchen size bag of recyclables & trash back with me.

nice trail, nice views and short hike... getting down to the falls might be strenuous going down and up. If you plan on cliff diving, I recommend water shoes or something with tread... easier grip instead of bare feet and easy on your feet when landing in water.

It was a very cool hike. I recommend hiking shoes or at least shoes with decent thread due to a few steep inclines and slippery/jagged rocks.

It’s great if you have small kids, cause about 30 yards after Splinter Day Use Cabin you can dip your feet in the river and play around if your kids aren’t up for the full 1.3 miles to the waterfall. Shady and sandy river banks underneath the bridge. The road in is not paved so come in a car that can handle the dirt road.

Love this trail it’s a little steep and slippery the last part to get down to the falls but it’s definitely worth it. Went on a Tuesday not to much people. If you have dogs definitely on a leash my dog almost got bitten by a rattlesnake. We had to park about 1/4 mile from the actual parking due to the road being extra bumpy only small cars weren’t able to pass but it was fixed when we got back. Would definitely do it again. So far the best hike we done kids love it!

Great for kids and dogs!

Nice waterfall. Mosquitos though

beautiful waterfall.

If your goal is to go directly to Aztec Falls, don't go over the bridge. Continue PCT with the bridge on your right, and then just follow the trail. Eventually, on your right, the trail will split, and you will walk downhill which leads to the Falls. Got lost over an hour my first time.

great trail!

Went to today and it was amazing. A little bit of everything. Worth all the climbing. Bring bug spray in the summer.

Absolutely amazing. I went with both of my kids and we loved it. The trail wasn’t hard at all. We got lost but found our way back. Water is clean to swim. Be prepared to be bitten by bugs. So take bug repellent.

Easy hike until the descent to the falls. Just the right amount of challenge for the kids - if they’re adventurous. All the same, everyone loved the hike and pools/falls. Beautiful- only losses points for graffiti and trash!

This is a gorgeous area and let's keep it that way by picking up some trash left by disrespectful people! It's also disheartening to see graffiti on the rocks... it makes me so angry that people have lost all respect for nature.

Super fun place to go! The end of the trail is pretty difficult, but do-able.... I don’t know how people bring their kids down there though. Good pool, rocks to jump off of, it’s beautiful out there!

Trail was fairly short and I believe it’s more of a go take a swim day instead of go for an actual hike. No need to cross the bridge. Two ways to go down. Follow the arrow on the rock we’re it’s easy going down but then you need to climb across in the rocks which can be difficult with kids. Or pass the arrow and go down the steep mountain side and end up directly on the falls.

This was a great hike with the kids. Flowing water throughout the trial and cool spots to relax and picnic.

This is the reason Aztec falls Deep Creek has fallen into disaray and is nearly ruined. This used to be a locals only spot only known to the nature conscious and trusted now it is full of trash and graffiti all along the trail and in the creek. Everytime a serene place is publicized it is ruined get a clue and keep your mouth shut.

nice trail. trail head easy to reach by car. very pretty. popular

Took Little Bear Creek Trail from Mackay Park all the way to the waterfall (6.35 miles out and back). Wonderful except for the trash and graffiti. I'd recommend taking a bag or picking up some of the trash - especially near the falls like we did. Leave it better than you found it!!

Beautiful trail, there were only 3-5 others on the trail, this may have been because it is winter and water is too cold for swimming, but regardless the scenery is stunning here! We took a completely off track way to get to the waterfalls and we loved every step! We picked up some trash that others had left there which is unfortunate, but the trail still gets 5 stars because thats humanities problem, not natures! Tips: Don't be afraid to go off trail, we didn't see anything that was dangerous (so long as you stay within reason), take some new paths to find your way around and go bouldering! If you care for the environment, take a little bag with you and pick up some trash on the way back, help out mother nature! Also look for the white arrow spray painted on the rock to get down to the river/waterfalls, there is a rope to help you with the steep descent, but we didn't need this, its not really that bad!

nice trail but beware, if you're on the trail and miss the white arrow spray painted on a rock, you"re going to miss the falls. also it is a steep drop to where the falls are. you may have to do some but sliding but it is gorgeous. great falls in to a pool. follow all trails, once it shows you are there. time to go down the hill on your backside to a great area. have fun!

Saturday, September 08, 2018

it was a nice hike for some friends that are big hikers, they enjoyed it a lot.

Friday, August 31, 2018

only docked a star due to trash on the trail