Aztec Falls

Aztec Falls is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cedar Glen, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice trail but beware, if you're on the trail and miss the white arrow spray painted on a rock, you"re going to miss the falls. also it is a steep drop to where the falls are. you may have to do some but sliding but it is gorgeous. great falls in to a pool. follow all trails, once it shows you are there. time to go down the hill on your backside to a great area.
have fun!

it was a nice hike for some friends that are big hikers, they enjoyed it a lot.

only docked a star due to trash on the trail

I took my kids and nephews on this hike, ages 5 to 11 and it was a lot of fun. It is a very steep descend once you get to the falls but my kids were tough and able to do it with no problem. The kids enjoyed playing in the water and jumping off the rocks all day so much that they didn't want to leave. The hike back up was probably the toughest for me since I had to help them climb up on many occasions, and helping 6 kids along the way can be tiring. Regardless, we all had a great time and my kids definitely want to come back, so we will. Anyone attempting this hike should be aware that there are many rocks and loose dirt on the descend so be extremely careful specially with kids. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because a lot of people go to party there and leave a lot of trash behind and don't clean up after themselves. I packed up a full bag of trash and a backpack full of bottles and cans to help clean up the place a bit but everyone should be doing their part, since we all want to enjoy this place.

Decent hike with a small waterfall. It’s usually filled with younger people there chilling. I would say the easier route is when you see the bridge don’t go on it. Rather before taking a right to the bridge go left on the other trail. It’s faster. It does have a steep trail at the end but overall fast. If you cross the bridge you will have to get wet and it will take longer.

it's not a very long hike like every one stated but when you need to go down to get to the falls its very scary. very slippery and big rocks all around. I had a very hard time coming back up, not physically, mentally I probably wont go back because the place was nice but not worth my height freight. younger crowd uses this place for a drinking and party zone just fyi. it was alright. and you dont need a all wheel drive to get to it, it's not that serious. lol

You need all wheel drive for the dirt roads OR park and hike on to trail head.

Drinking, chanting and anxious cliff jumping... what can go wrong?

Really, the spot was beautiful and the hike was nice. The road was rough as you get closer and the last little bit of the hike was a bit of a struggle down to the swimming hole. It would no doubt be a 5 star hike in my book except it is a party spot of sorts. I did this hike with my family on a Sunday afternoon in July. Maybe midweek or early morning would have less people.

This is not so much a hike as (1) an easy walk, to (2) a super steep and slippery descent, to the ponds. It was really busy on the Saturday afternoon we visited which gave a fun atmosphere (though not the commune with nature vibe I’d usually go for in an actual hike). Cliff jumped a bunch of times into the pool - fun! - then scrambled back out.

It’s a beautiful hike. A bit challenging with younger children. And part of the trail is a little narrow. Got to watch your step. The hike down to the water was challenging for 4 of us adults but well worth it. The children would have had a tough time going down and back up. They decided not to try it.

Nice hike, path a little hard to follow and was easy to moderate til you get to the downhill part to get to the water. we had 4 children with us (ages 3 and 6), a little stressful, but in the end totally worth it. We stayed in the little water hole opposite of the jump off area. Perfect for the kids and it was like our own personal water hole. If bringing younger kids expected to carry them and to be on high alert with them. Can't wait to come back!!!

Park by sprinters cabin day use area. Trail was hard to follow- we did the PCT on the way out and then had to scramble down the side of a cliff to get to the falls. Went along the creek on the way back which was equally hard. Dog got 2 ticks during the hike. It was really pretty though -minus the graffiti.

Dope cliff jumping spot

You follow the trail until you find this path leading all the way down to the base of the river. It's pretty steep on the way down and not very kid or pet friendly. Cliff is great with a range of heights. Safe enough water depth to send it

It’s best to hike along side the creek.

Beautiful place...cliff jumps

The view was so awesome and it’s nice just to hang out take snacks and watch people jump off the rocks to the water, it is a little challenging to go back up but really worth it

Very nick nature trail. Lots of water and rocky terrain. Fun day!

This use to be an awesome place to swim but douche bag idiots have destroyed it with trash and graffiti. Such a shame.

Nice hike
I can’t wait for summer to jump in ✌

Awesome summer swimming hole, please be careful people get air lifted every year and some have died in the past. Clean up after yourselves and take a few extra pieces of trash out with you.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Was a good easy hike until you get to the trail that leads down to the falls. the trail down to the falls is very steep. If you take the right side you end up sliding down on your bottom two or three times. If you go to the left you manage yourself over and down rocks.

Overall the water is good. There is a place to jump from a rock into the water below, I was told it is about a 15 foot drop into the water below.

Would recommend for those who have experience climbing, or those who are bored with an easy hike.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Easy hike, followed by a very steep descent down to a waterfall. Fun place to swim & relax. Can be crowded and noisy at times, so not recommended for those looking for solitude.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Really steep incline down into the revine where the falls and swimming hole were. I was not prepared for that! But the PCT was really relaxing and beautiful to travel!

The water was refreshing and it wasn't too crowded when I went (early afternoon) but began to get more populated around 3pm.