Avocado Lake Rim Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sanger, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 13 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

You pay $5 to get into the park which to me was reasonable. This definitely isn’t a hike the lake is surrounded by a Dirt road that cars use to go around the lake and find a spot to park and settle for the day to bbq by the river on one side or the lake on the other. Some cars also parked directly on the path rather than pulling to the side so it blocked everything. A lot of people leave trash behind which is sad. For a hike I wouldn’t go again but it’s a nice place to pull over and swim in the lake or river for the day and set up a bbq or picnic. I went on a Saturday so it was very crowded. I would definitely go again but not for hiking

Good for a walk and maybe a dip in the river if it’s not running too fast.

A lovely walk more than a hike. At one point we stopped by the river to cool off our feet. Can also of course play in the water of the lake as there is a small beach. Bring a picnic and then take the walk around the lake; a nice afternoon activity for family or friends.

fee

This is a nice little walk that is about half beaten/road compacted path. The path is located around a state park picnicking & fishing lake. Half is paved road and the other dirty. It’s been a while since I could do a hike type hike so this was a good starting point for my older lady/dog and myself. It was more active and work than a typical city park walking path and we add tiny side treks to the river when we could but not so hard that we couldn’t finish even being out of shape. I believe a good 4 wheel scooter could do this path. But maybe not a standard wheelchair. We will visit again!

This is not a hike.

don’t do it

It is a really short and flat walk and could never be considered a hike. The majority is on paved road around the lake. There were some nice views along the river on the back side, but just a small part of the walk. I was really disappointed mainly in the amount of trash and graffiti left by others. Along our walk we had to dodge dirty diapers, broken bottles, used plates and utensils, and at one point a butcher knife. That made it seem very unsanitary and very unsafe. I am happy to say that I gave it a try, but I would never go back.

This trail is at least 50% paved road. The off-road is really just a dirt road for vehicles. It’s flat and somewhat sandy with smooth rocks that provide some bumps. Certainly not a challenging trail at all. Might be good for teaching young kids (or older novices) some basic bike handling. Weather was perfect, the river was running, and plenty of birds on the lake. All in all, enjoyable, but not worth the entry fee and drive.

Not busy at all. Good, flat walking trail. River and lake were beautiful!

$5 Empty week days TRASH Short drive No trailhead sign People fishing Kings People swimming in Avacado Water not super dirty No mosquito bites You can pretty much park anywhere and walk around the lake and it will be close to the red line on app. Nicest part on far side, runs between Avacado and Kings River on the back side. -DB -JB -KB

Just a calm stroll around the lake, don’t need much. Too Packed in the warmer months.

Sun Jun 02 2019

If you are in the area and just need to stretch your legs this will do but it's definitely not a destination.

Mon Apr 29 2019

Ok park for BBQ and fishing. nothing special.

Sun Mar 03 2019

this isnt really a hike. just like a stroll thru the park. not too bad tho. March 3rd is perfect time of year for this one. not too many people.

Fri Feb 15 2019

Recommend in the spring or fall when there is not many people visiting.

Sun Jan 20 2019

Truly a hidden gem within Fresno County. From start to finish, the entirety Trail was well worth the $5 entry. If you like this trail, go a mile or so down the road to Winton Park, the view along the King River gets even more majestic!

Mon Jan 08 2018

We walked the old road around the lake and near the river. The river is beautiful, the lake is alright. The park is in disrepair, but with nice weather, it’s a good little walk. The park was technically closed, but everyone parked outside the gate and walked in.

Sat Jul 01 2017

Couldn't really find a trail head; but I'm assuming there isn't one and you just walk the road around the lake. It was a nice walk around the lake and next to the river; but i wouldn't bring your dogs on a hot day because you walk on asphalt part of the way.

Wed Mar 01 2017

I have been to this lake. It is dirty and teas is everywhere.

Tue Sep 27 2016

I wouldn't consider this a trail, the only reason I still go is because I grew up walking around the lake with my parents.

Wed May 11 2016

This is really more of a road than a trail and it was kind of nasty. Dirty underwater, garbage, one section smelled like an outhouse. Not going back.

Fri Apr 15 2016

Litter was atrocious. Filthy. Used condoms on the trail.

Thu Mar 10 2016

Short and pretty in springtime.