Avery's Pond

Avery's Pond is a 2.7 mile loop trail located near Newcastle, California that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Avery's Pond is a beautiful pond near the shores of Folsom Lake.

I really liked this trail. The easiest access seems to be at the horse assembly before you get to the boat launch. It says "closed area" but that only refers to motor vehicles. It is an easy trail and really pretty.

Best place to fish caught 8 fish today only bad thing is all the horse poop it's every where

Beautiful easy hike, not too far out of town. It does cost $12 to get in which I didn't expect but it was pretty worth it!! We will be back!

This is an easy, mostly level trail to hike...lots of shade with views of where the American River flows into Folsom Reservoir. There are some picnic tables near the pond to have a bite. The trail is shared with horses. Paved parking lot with bathrooms. You'll love this hike!!

The trail was beautiful and we had a great time however at the finish, I was taking all of the burrs out of my dogs fur on his legs when I realized he had many, many ticks on him. I had mistakenly thought ticks were more of an issue during the summer months. Fortunately I only had a couple and my daughter had just 1 and all were picked off before we left for home. I'd love to return because it really was a nice hike with ferns flanking us in parts, however I think next time we'll wear white and leave our doggie at home.

Nice short hike, pretty views of the North Fork American River. Pond area has several nice picnic tables around. However, it was pretty muddy in spots, granted rain had been earlier in the week, but some areas do not drain well.

Very nice quit place in nature, clean crisp air, nice little family adventure trek. Dog and baby had so much fun.

A good little nature walk

Saturday, August 06, 2016