Avery's Pond

Avery's Pond is a 2.7 mile loop trail located near Newcastle, California that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Avery's Pond is a beautiful pond near the shores of Folsom Lake.

The trail was beautiful and we had a great time however at the finish, I was taking all of the burrs out of my dogs fur on his legs when I realized he had many, many ticks on him. I had mistakenly thought ticks were more of an issue during the summer months. Fortunately I only had a couple and my daughter had just 1 and all were picked off before we left for home. I'd love to return because it really was a nice hike with ferns flanking us in parts, however I think next time we'll wear white and leave our doggie at home.

Nice short hike, pretty views of the North Fork American River. Pond area has several nice picnic tables around. However, it was pretty muddy in spots, granted rain had been earlier in the week, but some areas do not drain well.

Very nice quit place in nature, clean crisp air, nice little family adventure trek. Dog and baby had so much fun.

A good little nature walk