Atascadero Cemetery Loop

Atascadero Cemetery Loop is a 0.7 mile loop trail located near Atascadero, California. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was hard to know where to go. lots of trash dumped. fallen trees. other then that it was not steep at all. . Wish their wasn't people messing with the paths . I started from the bottom parking.wem thru a little gate . It's start downhill. the. their was some piece of junk where its split. I decided to go the right way uphill. seemed natural. wind was howling. kinda too quiet. it goes flat for a while . the. it goes uphill to the left. and uphill to the right. their a a swing. and the. I went up steep the. I turned around where their was a fallen tree. saw some bottles. Didn't wanna complete the loop because it was going to take me to the top parking lot . so I 'came back down. it was also rainy so slippery . so go slow. Be careful. path needs help. cool trail .didnt see anybody else. might go back

Thursday, August 22, 2013

very cool find, what exactly are those white things stacked here and there in the heat?

Sunday, March 17, 2013

I found the trailhead behind a gate inside the cemetery. There is a dirt turnout there, suitable for parking. The beginning of the trail is a nice path with a moderate rise. Soon the trail breaks into at least three directions. I chose to follow the path on the far right, that went uphill. This path appears to be an old asphalt drainage channel. It was pretty steep at the start and got steeper. There were times I thought I might keel over backward. But you have to remember that I am large, fat, slow, and do not have great balance. Others might even be able to run up this trail. When I got near the top there were again two choices. I chose the path to the right because it was less steep, and got to the top soon after. Nice views of Atascadero from there. I started down the continuation of this path, not sure if it would eventually end at the cemetery. I could not tell for sure, so I turned around and returned the way I came. Next time I go on an unknown trail I will remember to bring a topo large enough to figure these things out.