Arroyo Tapiado & Arroyo Seco del Diablo Loop Trail

Arroyo Tapiado & Arroyo Seco del Diablo Loop Trail is a 30.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Julian, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until May.

cave

Dusty. Lol.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Fantastic crawl space caves. Can be scary if you don't like small spaces.

Monday, March 21, 2016

The Mud Caves at Arroyo Tapiado are seriously the second coolest thing I have seen in San Diego County (the first was snorkeling off the La Jolla shores). There are so many different caves and different spots to explore. Its sure to keep you busy all day. Like others mentioned, bring a flash light, batteries, water, and food. I plan on coming out to camp out here again real soon!

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Get ready to get dirty! Can't wait to go back! Don't forget your headlamp! :)

Monday, February 22, 2016

Hiked yesterday and we had a blast. Amazing structures to hike, walk, crawl through. Lots to see and explore. Lived up to its hype and did not disappoint. Wear pants, long sleeved shirts, bring a headlamp, helmet, and spare flashlight. Safety is a must on this one!

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Awesome

Sunday, February 01, 2015

This is a one of a kind experience. Get ready to get dirty and have the time of your life. The road in is a little rough, easy for my truck but be careful if you have a vehicle that sits close to the ground.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Friday, March 01, 2013

GREAT HIKE! I had so much fun exploring all of the mud caves! We went for a day trip from San Diego and had so much fun that we're going back for an overnight camping trip in a few weeks. I definitely recommend a head lamp over a flashlight as there's times where you're crawling on all-fours. We drove out in our Honda Civic and somehow it made it! The dirt roads are fairly compacted but there were a few loose spots. We just drove slow and tried to avoid loose dirt. Crawling through caves left me feeling a little claustrophobic at first, but I adjusted quickly and love every second of it! I'd recommend doing your research because you head out there to map out where each cave is.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The mud caves were awesome spent two days exploring caves loved it so much going back next week just be ready for a lot of climbing and crawling in very tight areas and don't walk on the top of the hill over 22 caves highly recommend this hike or it's more of an exploration

Monday, December 12, 2011

Only an hour and a half from La Mesa/San Diego! I went Dec 10th & saw the lunar eclipse on my drive there early in the morning. This hike is fairly long, but also fairly flat. It follows the wash through both the canyons, which also acts as the only road through the canyons. It's suitable for most cars, although a few soft sands and uneven parts of the wash would be best in a car with 4 wheel drive. You can hike the whole loop or drive your car to any spot along Arroyo Tapiado and spend the day exploring the mud caves (awesome)! Scenery isn't my favorite (I prefer alpine to chaparral) but the caves & clear skies are worth it. Camping here is free and the only restriction is that fire must be in a metal container. All in all, it would be a great day/weekend trip.