Arroyo Pescadero Trail

Arroyo Pescadero Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Whittier, California that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not many people out here today. Flora is nice, lush and green. Sweet aromas fill the air as well. Very nice hike today.

This is a decent trail. not much for views. We mentioned to do the Arroyo Grande Trail but ended up doing this one instead. The distance is just right if you have small kids or want to take it easy.

Great trail, Be cautious hiking in the early morning hours. I encountered two coyotes just entering the deer loop this morning about 7:20 am. The first one was on the trail and I seen him as he spotted me and he froze and so did I. Seconds later a second coyote came out the brush and I started walking backwards and hitting a stick on the pavement to make noise. They did not run away they just stood in that area and as soon as I got out of eye view of them I ran as fast as I could up the hill being watchful of them following me. It didn't seem like they were afraid of me but I was not waiting around to investigate. Be very away of your surroundings.

good safe easy trail. I would consider this one easy. no steep hills .

great little hike.

My driver side passenger window was SMASHED and my purse was STOLEN!

Main gate and parking open Sunrise to Sunset. Arroyo Pescadero Trail is 1.8 miles, you can easily add in the deer loop for an additional .8 miles and get in a nice hike. Basic southern California landscape. (Dry). Nice elevation changes and many places to rest for us old timers. Off to the west, at the higher elevations you can see the buildings in downtown LA,

Easy trail. Didn't see as much dog or horse poop as some of the other reviewers, I thought it was fine. This is an easy hike for beginners. Not many inclines at all but the trail has some nice scenery