Arroyo Pescadero and Deer Loop Trail

Arroyo Pescadero and Deer Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Whittier, California that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice beginners hike - a few inclines, but nothing crazy! Once you hike just a little ways in, all the ambient noise of nearby streets disappears. Not much to see in particular along the short Deer Trail loop, but a nice way to add some distance if that's what you're looking for. There's a convenient free, dedicated parking lot for the trail right off Colima Rd.

Love this trail for running and for endurance building . Best place to start running and getting used to those incline routes ☺️

This hike was nice, but not amazing. Very dry. We went very early in the morning but I can imagine it'd be pretty miserable with the sun beaming on you. It is a good option, however, for a quick easy/moderate hike if you live in the area. My dog enjoyed exploring the brush and sniffing bunnies.

It's very dry, but still interesting. Make sure you bring water and sunscreen, especially if you hike during the afternoon. There are a few scenic spots. There's a moderate incline toward the end if you take the suggested route, so make sure you still have the energy to make it back up!

Easy trail. Nice location

Very easy trail. I'd recommend doing it backwards. We went to the right when we started and went down a hill for over a mile. Going to the left and then up that hill at the end would be a much better workout.

GREAT HIKING TRAIL MOUNTAIN LION SIGN READ IT BEFORE HIKING DONT HAVE EARPHONES I SAY HI TO FEW PEOPLE THEY COULD NOT HEAR ME BECAUSE STUPID EARPHONES NOW IMAGINE A MOUNTAIN LION BE CARE GUYS HAPPY TRAILS

Great hike

Not many people out here today. Flora is nice, lush and green. Sweet aromas fill the air as well. Very nice hike today.

This is a decent trail. not much for views. We mentioned to do the Arroyo Grande Trail but ended up doing this one instead. The distance is just right if you have small kids or want to take it easy.

Great trail, Be cautious hiking in the early morning hours. I encountered two coyotes just entering the deer loop this morning about 7:20 am. The first one was on the trail and I seen him as he spotted me and he froze and so did I. Seconds later a second coyote came out the brush and I started walking backwards and hitting a stick on the pavement to make noise. They did not run away they just stood in that area and as soon as I got out of eye view of them I ran as fast as I could up the hill being watchful of them following me. It didn't seem like they were afraid of me but I was not waiting around to investigate. Be very away of your surroundings.

good safe easy trail. I would consider this one easy. no steep hills .

great little hike.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

My driver side passenger window was SMASHED and my purse was STOLEN!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Main gate and parking open Sunrise to Sunset. Arroyo Pescadero Trail is 1.8 miles, you can easily add in the deer loop for an additional .8 miles and get in a nice hike. Basic southern California landscape. (Dry). Nice elevation changes and many places to rest for us old timers. Off to the west, at the higher elevations you can see the buildings in downtown LA,

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Easy trail. Didn't see as much dog or horse poop as some of the other reviewers, I thought it was fine. This is an easy hike for beginners. Not many inclines at all but the trail has some nice scenery

Monday, May 02, 2016

I like this trail. Nice morning shade with tranquil scenery. Not too rigorous for beginners but a nice up and downhill hiking.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Nice peaceful trail, only saw two other groups in the two hours we were there. Only a few shady spots but enough to stop for lunch.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Love it

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Overall this trail wasn't bad I went to get out the house and take some pictures I wouldn't recommend this trail only because the parking and location it isn't bad but one week after buying my jeep I took it there and parked it about 45 minutes later I can back to find my passenger window broken with glass everywhere at least keep that in mind they didn't steal a whole lot but now I had to buy a new window just not the best location parking is hidden from the street.