Arrowhead Pinacles Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, bird watching, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,099 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

it is a fairly short hike but challenging due to the elevation gain. Parts of the hike are through granite boulders that could have come from Joshua Tree National Park. The trail markers help but even with the downloaded map we got off trail at times. But the ultimate goal is clear and we made it to the top. The 360 views at the top were amazing? including Lake Silverwood. We started fairly early and were glad to get back before it got too hot. The wild flowers were out and beautiful.

Great hike. Pack lots of water. There’s very little shade. Was a challenging hike, in a good way. Our dog was able to hike with us all the way to the top. There were a few spots he was a little scared going down rocks, but with guidance did it all by himself.

Upon arrival there’s just a few parking spots, please be courteous and leave space for others. I didn’t park near the shooting range nor hike past it. Not crowded for a holiday weekend. Got here at 12. This is not a difficult trail. it’s moderate. There were two couples walking there dogs, one even went up pinnacle mountain. I got off trail once but whomever left the meditation rock piles, thank you! It let me know I was not too far off from the trail :) I saw a few kids and if they can get to pinnacle, we all can too. Beautiful scenery at pinnacle! I didn’t see trash nor crowds, everyone I came across were respectful of distancing. Let’s continue respecting each other and earth by practicing distancing and leaving no trace behind.

Great views at the top. Don’t give up on it - it’s okay to feel 90% drained at the top because the hike back down is much easier. This one was a workout on the mind as well as your body because there are several bouldering areas to contend with that require a bit of problem solving to get up. Lots of fun getting there.

Great trail. Challenging but rewarding.

Great trail, but super easy to get off track, pay close attention to the AllTrails map and cairns to find the actual peak. I’ve done this trail 10x and still need to use my map. Also keep in mind there is no shade, so not ideal for a hot summer day. Happy trails!

This trail has its challenging parts which involve some rock climbing. My 8 year old daughter did it with dads help and the view on top was worth it. Trail is a little hard to stay on going up. This is one of our favorites!

Fun trail with a good scramble on the way to the top. Unfortunately we only made it halfway since we didn’t think it would be great for our puppers to jump the whole way down.

Fun hike. Went a week ago. Not very well-marked at the top where it becomes really rocky. The rocks were fun to climb though! Make sure you go early it feels hotter than it is and it gets hot fast

Good little workout and no real problem with parking or social distancing. The scramble is exciting and offers challenging options if you like that. Definitely be aware of your route and be willing to backtrack if you realize your route is too difficult. The beginning of the trail could be a little tough to find. Luckily, it was spring today and walking cross country until I happened on the trail was a joy, as the wild oats are still young and soft and green. Come June, they’ll leap into your shoes and dig daggers into your ankles. Also of note: The trail essentially starts behind a motorcross trail and a shooting range. You have to walk a long time before you get out of range of those loud noises, so probably coming on a weekday would be more relaxing.

Unique place. Hot. Challenging.

Treat yourself to a simple start that leads to a challenging middle and breezy walk back with nothing to do but ascend from where you made it approximately 5800 feet up. Beautiful views up top for sure and makes it worth it. Not a plain walk either to get there plenty of scenery all around and not to mention the drive to this hike is gorgeous. Treat yourself. You won’t be disappointed.

Great scenery along the way of giant boulders. Download the map to avoid going off the trail since there are many other pathways especially in the beginning. The last bit to the very top required a little bit of rock climbing (unless I took the wrong path), but the view was worth it! Bring good shoes with traction and water, sunglasses, sunscreen since there’s no shade.

Very beautiful and gives that feeling of open space. Rocks and rocks! The climbing at the end with the big mound of more rocks was super fun! I took my mom and we ate lunch at the summit in a little shaded nook which had a window with a view. It was a bit much for her but she finished it. Would def bring other people here because it is not terribly hard but challenging enough to make my mom throw up at the end maybe because of the heat.