Arrowhead Marsh Trail

Arrowhead Marsh Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oakland, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of the best places to observe birds in the East Bay, the San Leandro shoreline hosts a wonderful array of waterbirds, from long-legged waders such as the great blue heron, to small shorebirds like the least sandpiper. Birds will be most numerous fall through spring. Plan your visit for a rising or falling tide when the birds are active and not too far away to identify.

NOT SAFE - I WAS ROBBED AT GUNPOINT AND ASSAULTED HERE IN 2018. This is not a joke - I went on a 1hr walk/hike here based on the reviews on AllTrails because I was looking for a new place to walk by the water. I was robbed at gunpoint and sexually assaulted, during the daytime, in the parking lot where other cars were present. If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone here. The east bay regional park police have been wonderful and are investigating my case very seriously. In talking to a police officer after the incident, they told me that this park is not safe and criminal activity here is common. I am lucky I was not shot. Please be very careful and choose a different place to walk. Also, be careful in the Oakland City parks area in general - when possible choose parks outside of Oakland city.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Nice paved path along the bay. It overlaps with the San Leandro Bay Trail and MLK Regional Shoreline. Lots of birds.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017