Arnold Rim Trail

Arnold Rim Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Arnold, California that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great views of forests, waterfall, canyons, and streams. Many birds and wildlife. Breathtaking vistas with panoramic views stretching from Mt. Diablo in the East Bay Area to snowy Mt. Lyell on the high eastern slopes of the Sierras near Yosemite, then dive down into canyons with streams coursing through the shade of older growth forests of cedar, pine, fir and oak. High rocky promontories, native acorn grinding rocks, a magnificent waterfall, many birds and wildlife of all kinds, and a lake.

we did this trail to "The top of world" on 9/29/17. Beautiful trail through the forest till the very end. We too a side trail for a bit and the "steep" portion of 0.7 miles that felt like much more. Take the alternate route if you want an easier hike ( at appx 2.7 miles in) clearly marked. at the top of the world you are rewarded with an almost 360 degree view for many many miles....worth the hike up.
I had read an earlier review that says " not for children or grandma". .I am 63 and have problems with my knees, hips and back....and I am just dumb enough to take that as a challenge..they may have been right, but I survived. sore but glad I went. Took us about 6 hours. we did a bit on a side trail and ended up doing 10 miles. mosquito netting for your face would be a very good idea!

Beautiful, alternate routes are a bit steep. Wound up doing about 12 miles. Bring lots of water and watch out for snakes.

It's beautiful! Will go back again. Some dog owners are naive and let their dogs walk off leash knowing they're harmful.. my dog (miniature toy poodle) almost got attacked by a German shepherd.. if it wasn't for me hugging her against a tree she would've been dead. They have signs everywhere to keep dogs on leash. Signs are there for a reason.

Beautiful, shaded and Easy even for the average hiker.