Araby West Loop is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,482 feet Route Type: Loop

Hwy 111 head East, right on Rim Rd. and quick right on Rim Rd.

Great hike on a 70 degree sunny day. it would be difficult during hot weather since it was plenty warm for us today and there is little to no shade. Some of the trail markings are not the best, but I had cell service and followed the map down here on AllTrails... not to much of an issue that way. We hiked up and clockwise around the loop. I saw a note from somebody here about walking out to the trailhead by going down the wash after the peak with the rock pile...I would have tried it had I read it before the hike. I did see footprints going that way as I passed through. We enjoyed the hike, 6 miles and 1600ft total ascent over 3 hours.

up Araby to the junction, then down and to the west on the traverse to the cairn. from the cairn go down to the west to Shannon and down to the wash. you can easily walk down the wash to the Araby parking lot.

Monday, April 23, 2018

Steep climb but gorgeous as well.

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

The Araby trail goes up to about 1300’ and then finds a sign “Burns/Gariston” trail. Nowhere is Araby loop trail referenced. At a weathered iron sign, labeled Burns Trail, it appears the trail Y’s and you can go left or right. At the cairn in that area, it appears the trail descends to the south in to a ravine, and then switchbacks can be seen going up a hill to the south. Point being, this trail fails correct marking. Not cool.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

This a wonderful hike. I enjoyed being able to see where I was going and where I had been. I am just getting started with my hiking and did this one by myself, so I loved that I had cell reception all the way. Loved the sunshine!!!

Sunday, March 05, 2017

i love this trail ! easy with so many differents things to see. Go early in the morning, there is no shade after 9am and the sun will burn quickly.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Such an amazing scenic hike!

Tuesday, March 27, 2018