Araby West Loop

Araby West Loop is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Hwy 111 head East, right on Rim Rd. and quick right on Rim Rd.

Steep climb but gorgeous as well.

The Araby trail goes up to about 1300’ and then finds a sign “Burns/Gariston” trail. Nowhere is Araby loop trail referenced. At a weathered iron sign, labeled Burns Trail, it appears the trail Y’s and you can go left or right. At the cairn in that area, it appears the trail descends to the south in to a ravine, and then switchbacks can be seen going up a hill to the south. Point being, this trail fails correct marking. Not cool.

This a wonderful hike. I enjoyed being able to see where I was going and where I had been. I am just getting started with my hiking and did this one by myself, so I loved that I had cell reception all the way. Loved the sunshine!!!

Sunday, March 05, 2017

i love this trail ! easy with so many differents things to see. Go early in the morning, there is no shade after 9am and the sun will burn quickly.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Such an amazing scenic hike!

Monday, April 03, 2017