Annadel State Park North Loop Trail

Annadel State Park North Loop Trail is a 17.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Santa Rosa, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Heavy mountain bike use on weekends.

I noticed lots of 4+ star ratings on this trail but 3 stars on sugarloaf vista, just a few miles away. They aren’t really even comparable from a views and terrain diversity perspective. maybe it’s the mountain biker preference for this trail.

Nice park.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Where I started mountain biking 25+ years ago. Now I bring my son. Fun trails rain or shine.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Amazing park with long gradual rolling hills. Very impressed to feel deep within the forrest while being so close to town.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Favorite place to mountain bike.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Beautiful trail lots of rocks and mountain bikes on the trails.

Friday, July 01, 2016

Been all over the trail system but not in one big loop

Monday, March 21, 2016

Side note: Highly recommend taking tick precautions at this park. Nymphs of the species that carries Lyme Disease here have the highest rate rate of infection of all tested parks in Sonoma County: 2008-2014 averaged >7% infection rate (>8% in 2013 the last single year data available today). Adults are lower @ 2.6% for 2008-2014. See Marin Sonoma Mosquito Vector Control for data & more info. http://msmosquito.com/programs-services/labsurveillance-program/tick-surveillance

Sunday, March 06, 2016

It was a nice hike. And although the trails were marked well, I did a loop twice. It had rained pretty steady the day before hiking so, there were streams going down the trail. It was shallow enough to hike up the middle of it and not get wet for the most part. Even though it was wet, it wasn't slippery. I hiked 6.88 miles in 2 hours and didn't hit all the trails. There are s lot of people using the trail, but it doesn't seem crowded.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

It's 10 minutes from my house. Awesome.

Monday, October 05, 2015

Lovely trail.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Very nice easy hikes and you can extend them with other trails.

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Love this backyard trail. Close to home.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Lots of nice trails back here. Great to be so close to town and get out. You can create endless loops so bring a map!

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Great easy hiking and a s

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Always something to see throughout the park, lots of trails to take so never gets boring. Biggest thing is watch out for mountain bikers , some trails are meant more for bikers than hikers . Great diversity in trails, great year round place to hike but the spring and beginning of summer is when the wild flowers are in full bloom.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Took the Richardson trail loop to the lake and then went around the lake. Beautiful little 5 mile trek. Steady ascents nothing to difficult. Decent number of people but not overcrowded. Definitely worth a trip.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

I've walked all over the Park during several hikes. Never disappointed! Lots of diverse hiking and trails. Not a lot of steep, more rolling, but filled with diverse landscapes. A couple of egress points outside the state park proper, with parking, so easy to access the wide variety that Annadel offers. Keep and eye and ear open for mountain bikers. Everyone is pretty aware and no one that I've seen is going too fast, but it can get "tight" in certain areas which makes for passing a potential issue.

Thursday, October 09, 2014

We are training for our Nepal trip. Leaving in 30 days. Warm day, must have been in the 80's in the sun.
Mark and I started up Richardson > Two Quarry > Marsh > Burhma > Richarson > Lower Steve's S > Channel > Cobblestone parking lot. We kept a good pace about 3.0 mph, 20 minute lunch at the top of 2 quarry. There are more illegal bike trails than ever. Very disappointing. I have enjoying this park since 1980 and the mountain bikers are ruining it. Last year I was run off a trail by one. Had to go to the ER. A year later I'm still hurting. Legs swells daily have to wear compression socks.

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Good hike

Friday, July 04, 2014

practically my back yard; great for biking, running, hiking, whatever suits your fancy. ilsanjo is great in the summer if you need to cool off or throw out a line. incredible park with some great views and natural beauty year round.

Monday, June 09, 2014

I absoloutley love this trail great for hiking and biking for all levels. [oh i can ryhme]

Monday, May 19, 2014

Best mountain biking in California!
It's miles and miles of fun for all levels.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Great hikes. Watch out for bicyclists. Some go 30m/hr down hill with out slowing down.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

I grew up in Santa Rosa. I used to Hike and Mtn Bike this park frequently up until a few years ago when we moved from the area.. I suggest Annadel to all. Its a great Park.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

As a volunteer trail monitor for California State Parks, I'd like to point out that dogs are NOT permitted in Annadel.

Thursday, July 04, 2013

I have been hiking this park for years. There is a nice diversity of trails so you can mix it up by hiking different places different days. There are alot more than 16.6 miles of trails here to explore. I love this park!

Sunday, April 07, 2013

I went bike Riding with a best freind I've all ready been to annadel I was great we took canyon trial then marsh after we came down south Burma, and warren Richardson I had a great time I lost 3 pound on that day

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Loved this place all my life.......

Saturday, November 24, 2012

This was a great hike. I was to meet a group but got there too late. I tried to catch up with them but obviously took the wrong turn and didn't see them until 3.5 hours later. I was on my way out and they were coming in the oposite direction. I came back with them to the lake to partake of lunch (I was done with mine but...) Discover that many hikes like to finish their hike with a quick swim in the lake!! Next time (most likely next year) I'll do just that. It seemed like a great end to a beautiful hike.