Andreas Canyon

Andreas Canyon is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from September until May.

Desert canyon hike on the Agua Caliente reservation. Parking is $9 per vehicle.

Easy trail, gorgeous greenery mixed with the feel of the desert.

Great Easy trail with some amazing rock formations and a babbling creek. The only thing that slowed down our hike was our stopping to enjoy the unique rock formations and creek features. A great trail for younger children to explore and see some amazing cliffs and natural palm oasis.

What a great surprise with the waterfall! The rain a few nights ago really was wonderful!!

It costs $9 for adult and $5 for kid, but worth it to go!

Definitely a good trail for the kids. Very pretty.

Very nice trail. The fan palms are very big.

Amazing trail and beautiful area. We spent a few hours here with my 3 year old cousin. He had a blast seeing everything and playing in the stream. They have picnic tables at the trail marker for lunch.

it was closed. drove 45min. would have been nice to know.

Closed... Opens at 8am.

Great rock formations and a cooling off spot before or after more strenuous hikes in the other canyon areas!

Friday, May 12, 2017

Well maintained and well marked. There is a ranger at the trail head for questions. They are friendly and very willing to chat about its history, what you'll see etc. Trail walks along a small creek with cascades (I didn't see anything I would classify as a waterfall) and babbles along in areas. Amazing to be in the desert with that much water and the sounds. The creek is lined with palms and small bushes. Goes through areas with shade and some areas with none and its hot with little breeze until you go up so remember water, hats etc. A short steep area to go up but wonderful breeze at the top and great view. Disappointed that there's a fence that is out of place. Some club bought the property years ago and its private property. Would like to see the fence perhaps made to blend in or be hidden by plants. Porta potties only (stinky at the end of the season) but they keep hand sanitizer in them and there's a small station outside with soap that you use a foot pump to get enough water to rinse. Same at visitor center.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Absolutely beautiful. Did this gorgeous easy hike on Sunday. The water was flowing and everything was so green. Picnic benches are located along the fast flowing stream and make for a great place to lunch. Trail was crowded as to be expected this time of year. I'm a local and ended up buying a year pass. I will be back.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Great little hike. Beautiful scenery.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

My first trail. New to hiking. I loved it! Easy enough for a beginner and lovely scenery.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

This is a great trail and well worth the entrance fee, which covers all three Indian canyons (Palm, Andreas, Murray). You could do at least part of the best trails in each canyon in a day but you will need more time if you want to spend more time on the available trails.

Andreas Canyon houses the second-largest-in-the-world California Palm Oasis and it is beautiful. We had to wear ponchos because it started to rain and we could not complete the trail because it was flooded in the lower regions.

We were disappointed that we could not continue, and I hope someday the Indian rangers put some primitive rock bridges across some of the areas that tend to flood so hikers can cross even when the stream is flowing more heavily.

Our disappointment quickly disappeared as we left however. As we hiked out and then drove out, we saw SIX RAINBOWS in different places. I think that number is more than the total number of rainbows I have seen in my life.

I would have given this trail a four, but we could not complete it due to flooding. We plan to try this trail at another time.

A word to the wise: wait for rainwater to come and go before you pay to access this trail.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

This is a beautiful trail and easy enough for my four year old to walk the entire trail.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Super easy fun for kids and very relaxing. Quick little hike with great views.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

It was awesome. Short easy hike with beautiful palm trees and other plant growth next to flowing water. Desert and mountain views all in same hike. We really enjoyed. Went at 8am when park opened before it got to hot.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Nice quick hike.. really pretty with a little creek and lots of palm trees! First half, if u start at th entrance area, is all shade... the second part is in the sun. All ages hike

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Great one mile loop, easy hike but need to climb over some rocks so not wheelchair friendly. Well worth the drive out there. Follow other roadway to see Split Rock.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

This trail is not dog friendly.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

It wax a great short pretty hike. Daughter and grandson accompanied me. They enjoyed it too especially my 11 month old grandson who was in a carrier on His Mom's front.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Carlos got it right. There is a shaded, lush, green lower canyon hike and an exposed, sunny desert section as well. Both are great desert hikes and worth a trip if you are in the Palm Springs area and looking for a place to stretch your legs.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

This was a good find during our annual trip to the Palm Springs area. This is a short but beautiful hike in a desert canyon with a running stream (at least in spring).

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Very easy hike. I think it is really only a 1 mile loop though. Running water year round and trail is free from debris.Very good for families with children 4 and up.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

I happily take my third grade students every year on this easy & fun one mile loop, guided by Raven Longbow.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Andreas Canyon is a really easy hike and is only a 1 mile loop. You can walk along the year round cold water stream, see the Andreas Canyon Club (stone houses built in the 1920s just above the canyon), see the wonderful geology of the Palm Springs area, and listen to the birds.
Andreas Canyon also offers a history lesson on the Native Agua Caliente, Cahuilla people who once lived there. There are replicas of their homes and other structures near the trail head. And, near the parking lot, ancient mortars are carved into one of the large stones.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Surprised to find cold water running, even during Spring in the desert. Great hike, easy trail. Have gone several times (once with my daughter's 3rd grade class) even my 5year old kept up. The scenic rocks (according to our tour guide, Raven) were the inspiration for Disney's animators to draw Pride Rock for the Lion King movie.