Amir's Garden Trail

Amir's Garden Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is honestly an extremely under rated gem at Griffith. You can take the long way or the somewhat intense steep “stair” path up to enter this bio dome-shaped garden teeming with beautiful colors and geometries of all the exotic flora that have made their residence there. On the borders of the meandering trails weaving through the garden, breathtaking views of the lush valleys, open sky, and the city views on the other had us at loss for words as we felt like the curious Alice who had just stepped thorough the looking glass.

I started at Los Angeles live steamers, up Rattlesnake trail, then Condor trail to the park and up to Amir's Garden. I enjoyed the hike there and back. The destination is very pretty.
I was just a bit put off by dog owners not leashing their canine companions.
The lack of trail etiquette bothers me. Other than that it was a nice hike. Total trip out and back wad close to five miles.

My favorite trail to take my dog on! The garden is absolutely gorgeous!

if you take the stairs it's pretty steep but it knocks off a lot of distance some pretty good views from up top also

Short hike, but there's a stair option to the right near the beginning of the trail which is pretty steep and a great leg workout. Took about 20-30 min to get to the garden using the stair route. Nice shaded area at the top with benches, a couple picnic tables and even a water fountain.

I hiked this with my mom, girlfriend, and 3 dogs all ranging in different sizes. We went on a hot day, I believe it was 98 degrees outside. 2 of the dogs were fine, but one of them did not drink water the whole time so I was getting nervous about her, she's fine though. The hike was all uphill and in the sun the whole time, but when we got to the top it was so beautiful. There was even drinking stations for horses. There were different levels in the garden. I'm unsure if there is a trail that leads down from the levels of the garden but we ended up walking down a water run off thinking it was a trail. This hike is a great beginners hike for people who are trying to get back into it.

Beautiful, peaceful area! Thank you Amir!!

No waterfall

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Great little hike. One big hill and the rest might as well be flat. Cute little garden with great views and lots of little nooks and crannies to explore.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

One part is super steep but the payoff is worth it. The garden is beautiful.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Nice payoff for a short hike. Great for trail running or a good workout, the first few hundred feet are super steep.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

the garden is such a beautiful place to relax with amazing views. tough stairs though.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Open fire-road type trail with a "secret garden" in the side of the hill.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Beautiful. A secret garden in Los Angeles.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Always a win especially in spring after rains and in early fall with warm clear views.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

It's fun

Monday, July 20, 2015

the garden,is beautiful so peaceful, good for a picnic.When you go over there,bring a little plant, to make it more beutifful.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Moderate Excursion in Griffith Park.

Trailhead Access: Lots of parking, but you might have to walk a little further depending on the spot. (4/5)
Amenities: Short enough to no require any. (N/A)
Crowds: Not too many people, and the benches at the top are situated as to hide others. (4/5)
Trail condition: Wide and generally bland, the stairs are moderately treacherous (3/5)
Wow-factor: Great garden with good views. (4/5)

Sunday, February 09, 2014

This was a great workout. The stairs are a good climb and then I ran down the dirt road to the bottom and did it about 4-5 times. It was a good think to do after work. And the sprinklers came on and it cooled me down!!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Busy during the weekends, very light during the week. I use this trail for a starting point, it leads to all trails in Griffith Park. Would love to be able to run to the top one day:)

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Okay that comment under was supposed to be for the Malibu hike and idk how I got to Amir's garden.

Saturday, March 02, 2013

Ah I love this hike! I wouldn't really say it's a hike until you get to the rocky part and the rope but the only bad thing about this place is the walk before getting to the trail. The trail itself is beautiful, little rivers and nice trees. The waterfall is so beautiful! You can actually climb the side of it but that's a risk because it's extremely slippery. Not a fall you can swim in but it is too beautiful to not see. I love this hike!

Saturday, March 02, 2013

This place was so pretty! It's not long but it sure works out your butt! Haha it is really nice up there with the benches and the trees and sometimes you can see horses.

Monday, November 12, 2012

I love Amir's garden. It's great to just go and have lunch without hiking too much. They have many picnic tables. They also have a water fountain.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A fun little jaunt that exposes one of the great facets of living in Los Angeles...the hidden gems.

The trailhead I would suggest is located almost directly across from the Griffith Park Golf Course driving range. An unmarked, but obvious trailhead, can be picked up on a wide trail that runs parallel to the road.

The climb is brief but relatively steep. Steps have been placed to assist and a few switchbacks lend an additional hand.

The story of Amir's Garden is a good one. From my understanding a man named Amir, who ran a liquor store in Hollywood, had planted a tree in the area in memory of a friend who passed away. From there the garden grew with Amir bringing up a wide-variety of plants and trees. What is a bit mind blowing is at the time there was no water source so he was literally bringing up water by hand.

There are many little side trails that gently meander through the garden and of particular note is the water bearing plants and their positioning as fire breaks. While I'm not sure I would classify this as a hike in the traditional sense, it's a great spot for the uninitiated to get a sense of walking in nature and grab a little exercise to boot.

Tip - In the later afternoon you may see deer coming down the canyon on the south side of the park. Always a treat.

Monday, March 26, 2012

I absolutely love coming up here on a nice sunny day. There's plenty of benches to choose from. Perfect place to have a nice picnic. It's a very easy trail, which only takes about 15 minutes or less to reach the top. Its a garden of green bushes lots of trees and views of glendale; created in the 70's.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Great warm up

Thursday, September 02, 2010

I'm assuming this is the garden trail in Griffin park; I'd appreciate a heads-up if not. The trail is moderate but if you have problems with stairs I would be equipped with a kneebrace. The trail ends at quaint mostly CA native plant garden. Great for picnic date (assuming your other doesn't mind a bit of walking)