Allison Mine Trail

Allison Mine Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Azusa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Don't go to the mines. The trail to the mines seems like it hasn't been traveled in quite some time. Most of the trail has been wiped out by rockslides. I made the mistake of going this route and more than half way through the trail just ended. We were stranded and had to head all the way back the way we came. It was not fun and we got to our car much past night fall due to this. This trail is DEAD

Hiked up Heaton Flats Trail and took Allison Mine Trail to the mine. Beware the Allison Mine Trail is not maintained, infrequently used and is deteriorating. After the mine (the intersection of the trail and Allison gulch) I was unable to find Allison Gulch trail. I ended up taking AMT back to Heaton Flats Trail. This added time and distance I wasn't entirely prepared for. Afterward I discovered I picked up a few ticks :/ Will try again from East Fork Trail to Allison Gulch to see where it went wrong. Take lights. PS be careful with the mine, one of the shafts in the lower entrance had little oxygen so I exited immediately. Oh and tons of yucca.

Really hard trail have a lot of those Green Pontint plans, A lot of rock really hard, a lot of water, and don't bring a dog and these trails to dangers.

Sunday, October 11, 2015