Aliso Peak to Coast Royale Beach

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(43)
Aliso and Wood Canyons Regional Park

Aliso Peak to Coast Royale Beach is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Laguna Beach, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 715 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Beautiful hike. You can either start at the bottom or the top. My family and I started at the bottom so we could enjoy our way back. The entrance is between two houses if you start at the bottom. Once you enter, there’s many beautiful wildflowers and bees. The bees are fine and did not bother us at all. The hike is steep, so have some shoes that are comfortable. My husband and I hiked with our two year old strapped, but I saw a few older kids with their parents. There’s two mountain tops, they are are beautiful and well worth it!

Great trail! We took our 3 young kids and they had fun, but definitely worked hard on the way back. We got a little turned around at the bottom finding the beach which added a little extra mileage (go down West street till you get to the main Street, cross then go down the stairs to the beach). Bring water, a beach towel and sunscreen :)

Excellent trail. It is a really good workout. Be sure to wear shoes with good traction, it's a rocky path. The view is Beautiful. If you have the time, it's well worth a picnic at the peak.

This trail was wonderful! If you start at the top, you have to park on the road outside of the gated neighborhood, gps will try and tell you to enter the gated neighborhood but just follow the trail outside of the neighborhood and it will lead you where you need to go. This is not a easily walkable path. You will have to walk and jump around crevices going down from the neighborhood. Before you get to the beach at the bottom of the trail you will have to walk the roads for about a 1/4th mile. As someone who doesn’t really enjoy roads as part of the trail, I encourage you to walk the roads to the beach because the beach is TO DIE FOR! Loved this hike! So beautiful not too hard and perfect for those who enjoy a little sweat but still a leisurely hike! Also my dog loveddddd this trail, but be carful there is poison oak! Just stay on the trails and you will be good. :)

great hike for all ages, but hard work for little kids, views of the ocean are amazing & you can see LA in the distance on a clear day

I’ve done this trail for years, it’s steep and rocky but the views up and down the coast are worth every step! Cool breezes too!

Very rocky steep downgrade. Narrow trails

Sun Nov 18 2018

Great views. Not crowded and dog friendly.

Tue Oct 16 2018

beautiful views but hella steep. good leg work out

Fri May 11 2018

Amazing views. A lot of steep up hill / down hill (since it's there and back) I would still highly recommend it though.

Wed Apr 04 2018