Alhambra Creek Trail

Alhambra Creek Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lafayette, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A great hike through nice cool shaded groves. A great choice for a hot day. Briones peak offers views from 1483' Take Alhambra Creek Trail To the Spengler Trail. Take Spengler to the Old Briones Road Trail. Continue to Briones Crest Trail to the Summit

Very muddy. Saw 25+ cows.

Nice little hike along the creek. There is a gravel trail/road that is west of the creek and runs alongside the other trail. Make sure to get on the trail and not on the road at the beginning because you can't jump over the creek and will be in the sun the entire time if not. Nice views of Diablo and not crowded at all. Would be tough after any rain.

A few hills, some great views. What’s not to like?

So many different trails you can take, we ended up doing a 6.5 mile hike, rather than the 2.4... My GF had control of the map.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Nice combination of creek side hike, open space and views of Mt Diablo

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Not very challenging but Beautiful views. great for dogs. Make sure you check for ticks after! Found a few on my pup

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Briones is a great place to hike. It gets more traffic now than it ever has. Keep you eyes open. There are a few single tracks that are off the map that you'll enjoy! It was my go to and my training grounds for a decade. Miss it now that I live out of the area...and MT Diablo as well.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

I started at the Alhambra Creek Trail. It was mostly shaded. At the end I turned left and followed the Spengler Trail. From Spengler Trail I climbed up onto the Diablo View Trail. This part I had a good view of Mt. Diablo. From there I descended to the parking lot. The loop was short and easy. It took me less than an hour to complete.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Easy, pleasant loop of Reliez Valley Rd and Alhambra staging area.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Best when it isn't hot!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Lots of trails, great parking... but prepare to pay for the privilege. My 1st impression- HOT! It seems like there are plenty of shade opportunities, but most of the time it lasted too short. Bring lots of water , sunblock and a hat. The trails aren't as well marked as I would have liked, even using a map we went pretty far off the path we had planned. There are some very steep exposed trails, you may want to stay on the fire break if you like an easier hike. This is where the bonus of satellite access and a smartphone saved the day. Don't leave home without it! Otherwise there are many trails to explore. It's one big dry crisp fire hazard, I will revisit in the late fall or early spring next time.

Monday, May 05, 2014

Beautiful views! Awesome hike. Nothing too strenuous. Great for dogs too. Lots of animals like cows and coyotes and birds!

recorded loop