Alhambra Creek Trail

Alhambra Creek Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lafayette, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A great hike through nice cool shaded groves. A great choice for a hot day. Briones peak offers views from 1483' Take Alhambra Creek Trail To the Spengler Trail. Take Spengler to the Old Briones Road Trail. Continue to Briones Crest Trail to the Summit

1 hour ago

Nice combination of creek side hike, open space and views of Mt Diablo

Not very challenging but Beautiful views. great for dogs. Make sure you check for ticks after! Found a few on my pup

Briones is a great place to hike. It gets more traffic now than it ever has. Keep you eyes open. There are a few single tracks that are off the map that you'll enjoy! It was my go to and my training grounds for a decade. Miss it now that I live out of the area...and MT Diablo as well.

I started at the Alhambra Creek Trail. It was mostly shaded. At the end I turned left and followed the Spengler Trail. From Spengler Trail I climbed up onto the Diablo View Trail. This part I had a good view of Mt. Diablo. From there I descended to the parking lot. The loop was short and easy. It took me less than an hour to complete.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Easy, pleasant loop of Reliez Valley Rd and Alhambra staging area.