Albany Hill

Albany Hill is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Albany, California that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

city walk

Great views. This is a short urban hike.

Albany Hill consists of a series of short trails through Albany Park with fantastic views of the SF Bay, Berkeley Hills and downtown Oakland. It is surrounded by a residential neighborhood so I just parked in the surrounding area then ran to the top and did a series of loops. The trails were still a bit muddy from the recent rain but the views were gorgeous. I could not believe I hadn't been to this place after living in the east bay for almost a year. There is a bench and rope swing at the top. I wouldn't come here to get a long hike in but it's a nice place for a walk or quick run with hills. Will definitely be back.

I'm giving this two stars because 1) The directions sent me to a place that had zero parking and 2) once I found parking, I had to cross a creek. When I crossed the creek, I found that I had to cross it again to start the actual trail. I chose to attempt this trail after all the rain we've been having this winter so I'm sure it's easier to access at other times of the year, but I couldn't even get up there because there was so much flowing water to cross! I had my boy on my back in a kelty pack so I didn't feel safe crossing again.

I will update my review once I've actually been able to get there. I was super bummed.