Ahwingna and Native Oak Loop Trail

Ahwingna and Native Oak Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Whittier, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Steep. Steep. Steep. Did I say steep. I hike often but this one goes up in a zig zag a lot. I was almost half way up when I had to turn around and go back. There was very little shade. Be careful with all the dog poop.

Nice trail
Not a lot of parking
And the coyote trail was too tough for my kids
But over all the trails seemed clean and the views are wonderful

nice little hike I always take the the coyote trail, simple

Fun hike. It never ceases to amaze me how you can find open spaces in the middle of a metropolis like Los Angeles, this one is just of the Pomona Hwy near Avocado Heights and the City of Industry. Not surprisingly, this trail is heavily trafficked on most parts. Also worth noting is that some parts of the trail are shared with Bikes and Horses, though we only saw a couple of bicyclists and horse apples but no horses. The trail head has a small parking lot, with only a couple of spots but there is more parking down by the street by the Orange Grove Middle School sports field. Worth noting is that there are many different hikes you can piece together in Hacienda Hills, we did a version of the hike that was closer to 5 miles.

Great trail..only downer for the early birds is it doesn’t open till 9am.
Other than that..awesome. Different path/trail options once you get started some more difficult and longer than others.
Very good workout!

I really enjoyed this hike. It's a little tough starting out because it's got some pretty steep trail to start. But once you get past the first two real big ones, it's a great hike. It starts uphill, takes you down to the very bottom of the hill in a zig zag pattern. It was nice & cool at the bottom. Beautiful scenery & a great view. Then back up the hill, but not as strenuous as coming in, then back down to the entrance gate & that is just as steep going down as it is coming up. Overall, great hike. I loved it, but wouldn't recommend going when it's too hot.

Native Oak trail is heavily shaded and a great up and down trail. Will not disappointed! Great views too!

Great trail. Take it the back way to get max workout!

Perfect hike to wear out and over energetic pup...we walked up from the left entrance, it feels like an actual woodsy hike..loved it...but man fucking people need to pick up their dogs shit!!!!

looks like an awesome hiking trail. very hard on a bike. they have big rocks to break momentum about every 100 yards. fun but hard

A family-friendly trail that has a little bit for everyone; hikers, dogs, and bikers. Unfortunately, this trail now opens at 9 AM so it really limits the distance you want to hike during the warmer days.

I loved this trail...the scenic overlook is beautiful. its a great workout and it has some really nice shaded areas. I rate it moderate/hard for beginners.

Walked 6 miles upon entering walking on the gravel about 1/4 of a mile on your left I took the trail entrance by the benches..walked up to the top n did the loop...at the end you walk down and have to walk back up then back down to exit....its pretty cool not to hard not too easy...the cool thing is that you can hike from or to Hellman to these trails ...Hellman has very steep hills so you can add or take from or to these hiking trails

The entrance to Puma trail from the end of Orange Grove is completely fenced off. We did not see anyway to crawl or climb over the fence. We went to the start of the Ahwingna Trail from the corner of Orange Grove Ave and 7th Ave. However, the gate is locked and will not opened until 9 am.

Nice!

Pretty okay hike. I finished it faster than I anticipated. I took the Coyote trail up to the water tank then took the Achwinga trail back down. There's a lot of dead trees/plants. There is also a lot of dog poop on trail, so beware. I'd prefer somewhere more scenic, but it's not a bad hike. The incline is manageable. Good for beginners if you've been active or have hiked places before.

Great workout. Very nice trail. Good elevation gain.

It's a great trail for a cardio workout

Its a good workout and its fresh to walk

very nice place !! 100% recommended!

So much fun took my daughters and nephews
Great for kids, ages 10 months, 5 years, 7 years and 9 years

Been there a few times. Very steep in parts. Went on coyote trail today. Nicer than the main one but steep. Love the back side of the loop - feels like a forest.

not moderate at all....HARD

Good hike! Dog friendly and open... make sure to be early, the first part of the hike is pretty full of people but if you complete the whole loop it gets fairly lonely.

nice trail to hike. not too strenuous. you have multiple choices depending how many miles you want to put in.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Loved that there is shade!

Monday, May 08, 2017

I had not much experience doing this besides basic walks up Industry. I loved this even though my legs were killing me next day.

Monday, May 01, 2017

great trail went up coyote trail walked to the tanks and back down the other trail lots of people lots of parking on 7th