Abalone Cove Trail

Abalone Cove Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

beach

NOTE: Dogs must be on leash on trails and are not allowed on the beach.

Small little hike with beautiful ocean views. Happy we could bring our dog on the trail, but unfortunately couldn’t take him on the beach.

Short and crowded. A nice walk if you happened upon it accidentally; not worth going out of your way for.

Parking costs $6 dollars for 2 hours.

A recent storm washed out several trails. I spoke with a lifeguard and right now the only option is to walk over the rocky beach - difficult but fun (I had my dog). Parking is $6 for each 2 hrs, free for seniors 62 and older and ADA.

Nice little hike. Incredible ocean views.

It’s beautiful but very easy. I wish it was longer.

What a beautiful trail along the rocky coastline, well traveled trails, wide in some spots. Lovely natural landscapes too.

Great hike, but you may have to swim a small section to get to the tide pools. We will def come back with swim suits so we can get across to the tide pools next time.

A nice and easy trail to a beautiful beach

Nice short walk, great for kids.

Love this trail especially all the tide pools at the end...

Lovely hike.

Parking cost $6

a beautiful view

wonderful views!

Beautiful views and some decent climbs. I Highly recommend it :)

Great place gorgeous views

Nice trail great view!! Very Rocky

Easy trek. Really good for kids that you want to get them into the idea of hiking. Not steep at all. Just wish dogs were allowed at the destination (rocky Beach with cave). Otherwise definitely fun!

The hike itself is short, but you can continue on the beach. Getting to the beach requires a sturdy foot. The trail down, at least the one I used, was steep. Their are rocks at the very top of the beach to walk over. The beach was great. All the sand when I went was wet, making it easy (and fun) to walk on. It’s all very beautiful. There is no shade.

Life's a Beach!

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Super Duper easy but the hike at Sunset is amazingly gorgeous!!!!

Thursday, February 01, 2018

Gorgeous view

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The hike was somewhat short but we continued on to a separate trail to make it longer. We took our two year old and he really enjoyed the beach portion of the trail. Downside to this spot is that there is very little shade, but the view is beautiful.

Friday, January 26, 2018

BEAUTIFUL little hike. I think parking fees were waived that day. Walked for a bit, took a seat off of the trail near a trail down to the beach & had a little snack, then headed down to the rocky beach. It was a little rough on my feet, walking on those rocks, but it was totally worth it. I'll wear different shoes next time.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Very nice views, amazing pictures everywhere, lots of other trails to follow. Loved this trail.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Not easy for people who have a harder time getting around (small children, older people.) Very pretty once you get to the bottom. A little bit of tide pool life. Very very rocky and hard to get around. Overall cute short hike.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

This is one of my favorite places! During the spring is the best❤️️

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Beautiful at sunset!

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Great place

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Easy hike but one of the most beautiful in Southern California. If you can, explore the tide pools. Worth the risk!