Abalone Cove Trail

Abalone Cove Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

beach

NOTE: Dogs must be on leash on trails and are not allowed on the beach.

1 hour ago

Beautiful views

Loved it!!

Beautiful view and easy for the kids.

Easy terrain

Amazing views!

Perfect hike with my 3 and 5 year old kids.

Beautiful sunset and awesome access to wildlife! Be careful not to crush the abalone and barnacles on the sharp rocks!

Beautiful views. Wear good tennis shoes, rocky beach walk. A must!

Not really friendly for small dogs.

Being a beginner trail blazer, my excitement is taking me to new places. My friend and I stretched up at the top where we parked and were speechless at the view. We followed the signs that took us down a narrow broken dirt path. My hesitation lasted only a few moments then, we saw a brownie troop skipping up the incline. Once at the bottom, left would have taken us to the heavily populated tide pools. To the right we walked on washed up or out rocks right along the waters edge to the life guard tower, climbed a couple of boulders and started to walk towards a very big surprise we had forgot about......the narrow broken dirt path. And that is where the real workout began. Stopping twice to catch our breath, we were able to stand and admire the most picturesque view of the ocean and Catalina. Parking was $4. I have panic attacks and major anxiety and after this hike i felt the best i had felt in almost a year!