Yellow Rock Trail

Yellow Rock Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near West Fork, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, fishing, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail takes you pass several nice rock formations and cedar glades on your way to a bluff overlooking the Lee Creek Valley. The Trail ends at a unique CCC shelter or you can retrace your steps back to the trail head.

Spent an hour at the overlook itself. its just stunning especially. i went during early fall season.

Stunning views and a fairly easy loop. Highly recommend. Bluffs are unbelievable

Pretty easy hike but great views! Lots of traffic when we went but that was to be expected. I carried our 1.5 year old in our hiking backpack carrier and this hike was perfect for us.

A lot of climbing uphill on the way up and several rocks not flat ground but would be a great view in the fall.

I wished it was a little longer - really a beautiful walk :)

We started at the overlook then took the trail to the loop. It was absolutely beautiful! I was disappointed that you could hear a lot of loud music and trucks from the campsites. It was spring break though so it’s understandable, it would just make the views that much more perfect if not for that disruption.

Great views, will have to come again.

very relaxing hike.

This is a great trail for the whole family. I have three boys ages 9, 7, and 2. I put the 2 year old on my back. We have hiked this loop many times. Great scenery.

Loved it!

well marked, 1 hour 15 min at a relaxed pace, great view at yellow rock, 5 whitetail and countless squirrels

My 7-year-old and our German Shepherd mix dog took this trail, beginning at the CCC Pavilion. It's a neat trail but we ended up not getting through it all because we got a late start and had to turn around. We somehow missed the Yellow Rock so I don't know if we didn't go far enough or just missed it somehow.

Wonderful trail with excellent views and great rock features. The trail is actually 3.6 miles long (if you head SW to a parking area). There are many "side" trails that can confuse so make sure you follow the white diamonds! The first 0.5 mile is a steep climb but then evens out to a gentle slope up to the overlook. My dog also enjoyed this hike and running around the trail.

Beautiful views from the look-out on this trail! Definitely a must-do if in Northwest Arkansas!

Great views. Not a difficult trail to hike. It's usually quiet on the trail and a great way to relax, clear your mind and get some fresh air. The description above is not accurate. Camping and horses are allowed other places at Devil's Den, but not on Yellow Rock Loop.

Nice trail with a beautiful outlook. My dog loves it!

The trail itself was pretty nice, but it was poorly marked, and the map from the visitor center is not accurately drawn. Example, the overlook on the map is at the end of the trail, but on the trail, there is a sign at the midway point that says it's the overlook. They could also use a few more directional markers. This probably isn't a problem in peak season when there are hundreds of people to follow, but it was a little confusing being the only person out there, especially with the trail completely covered in leaves.

I ALWAYS enjoy this trail, especially yellowrock view

Nice overlook, pretty trail.

Beautiful trail with a lot to see. The view at the top is amazing!!

Beautiful, warm, overcast day full of Ozark fall foliage! Busy trail today but here still opportunities for solitude along the trail. Hike started at 10am and the Visitor Center parking lot was a zoo by 2pm when the group I was with was leaving.

Beautiful view and nice hike. October/November is a great time of year to see this part of the country.

Great views

Did a recent sunrise hike. This place is always amazing.

Crowded trail. Great work out.

A wonderful park with well maintained trails.

The Yellow Rock Trail is one of my most favorite hikes.

I loved this trail! It was a beautiful hike and greatly shaded for those hot days. A decent incline to keep your heart rate up, plus a nice pay off with the overlook for a photo op. Plus it's only 3 miles so it's short enough to take beginner hikers or children! Overall loved the experience.

One of my favorite hikes in this area. Good bit of traffic, but beautiful view at the top. Take lunch and enjoy. Many folks hike up to the view and right back. The trail does loop and is a nice wooded path. Get a map in the visitors center and enjoy the whole loop. Have fun.