Winthrop P. Rockefeller Boy Scout Trail

Winthrop P. Rockefeller Boy Scout Trail is a 8.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Morrilton, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Boy Scout Trail is a 12 mile loop that encompasses parts of most of the trails in the park which includes the most scenic areas in the park; Rockhouse cave, grottos with waterfalls, cascades, towering bluffs with views, historic structures and much more.

Did this on Labor day with my son, we opted to do it with Seven Hallows and did it in 6 hrs. Amazing views! Once we were done we drove back to Mather lodge and enjoyed an outstanding dinner.

Was stunningly beautiful. Saw no one else on trail. Was fantastic

My daughter and I went on this trail. I love the first half of it but was disappointed once we got into the more wooded section of it. The trails were overgrown and poison ivy was everywhere. There was no way to avoid it at all. You do check in and out at the visitor center for this trail.

Great day to be out. Overcast and temps in the low 70s. We did the Cedar Falls trail, then took the Canyon trail where it splits off from the Cedar Falls trail at the little bridge. Followed it to the Boy Scout trail and took it over to the Rock House Cave. From there, we stayed on the Boy Scout trail, crossed Cedar Creek, went up to the overlook and back to the lodge.
The only bad thing it the poison ivy is EVERYWHERE. If you don't like it, you should wait until the fall or winter before going.

This was a phenomenal day of hiking! I believe that Indian Creek is the *prettiest* hike in Arkansas, but this trail may very well be the *best.* It has absolutely everything - the CCC lodge, the pioneer cabin, the creek, turtle rocks, caves, pictographs, waterfalls, a great natural bridge. The Grotto on the 7 Hollows portion was beautiful.

Yes, it's 12 miles, but it's a pretty easy 12 miles. I even tacked on the two-mile Cedar Creek Falls Trail. There was, admittedly, some regret on the way back up, as I'd already hiked 11 miles at this point, but you should definitely see the Falls from the bottom.

When reaching the break in the trail near Mather lodge if you are hiking counter clockwise (which is suggested as others have stated) cross the parking lot and to the right of the first cabin is where the trail continues. Due to the amount of cars in the parking lot this was hard to spot, had to ask the workers at the lodge who did not know

Great trail! The markings have all been fixed apparently, as we had no problems staying on trail. The BSA trail is white blazes, and you will follow white outlined blazes as you go on concurrent trails. The park map does leave a little to be desired, but overall we had a great time (our 10 yo led the way and never lost track). The Mather lodge is the only place we had to search, go out the front toward the cabins and you'll see the blazes again. Gps called it 8.2 miles and we skipped the 7 hollows. Made it back in about 4 hours. This is a must do if you have time. We hiked counter clockwise as others said to. There are a couple of good climbs up. This one reminded us we have been too lazy over the holidays!!

Nice hike with several ups and downs. The trail follows several others so it can be difficult to stay on the right one- best to bring a map.

My 14 yr old daughter and I hiked this trail on New Years Eve day and absolutely loved it. It was our first hike of this distance and I definitely felt it the next day but it was totally worth it. As others have said, you experience all sorts of different terrain that the mountain has to offer. Our trek came out to 11.8 miles (we included Seven Hollows Trail) and we finished in just over 6.5 hours.
Would definitely recommend!

As it states above: 8.2 miles. Yes it's that long if you don't do to many off trail adventures. The sign by the Bridge/Parking lot says it's 12.5 miles and estimated time to do the hole thing.
To reach the 12.5 miles the sign states you'll have to add on the "Seven Hollows Trail". This trail is very beautiful as well!
This hike was beautiful! I did them both at separate times. I would advise doing the trail counter clockwise! Reason? There's a long long long elevation decline and after crossing the creek it's a quick elevation incline. I'm the guy who likes to get er" done!
In other words if you do the trail clockwise....it'll be an extremely long long long elevation incline.
Either way it'll still be beautiful! It'll just be your choice in what kinda burn you want in your calves! Lol Have Fun!!!