Winthrop P. Rockefeller Boy Scout Trail

Winthrop P. Rockefeller Boy Scout Trail is a 8.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Morrilton, Arkansas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Boy Scout Trail is a 12 mile loop that encompasses parts of most of the trails in the park which includes the most scenic areas in the park; Rockhouse cave, grottos with waterfalls, cascades, towering bluffs with views, historic structures and much more.

Beutiful!! Took about 6 hours with Seven Hollows. I agree with the other comments counterclockwise is definitely the way to take the trail.

Great trail. Took about 4 hours, not including a short stop at Mather’s Lodge for a break. Take the trail counterclockwise for a less steep climb.
Will definitely hit this one again.

Did this on Labor day with my son, we opted to do it with Seven Hallows and did it in 6 hrs. Amazing views! Once we were done we drove back to Mather lodge and enjoyed an outstanding dinner.

Was stunningly beautiful. Saw no one else on trail. Was fantastic

My daughter and I went on this trail. I love the first half of it but was disappointed once we got into the more wooded section of it. The trails were overgrown and poison ivy was everywhere. There was no way to avoid it at all. You do check in and out at the visitor center for this trail.

Great day to be out. Overcast and temps in the low 70s. We did the Cedar Falls trail, then took the Canyon trail where it splits off from the Cedar Falls trail at the little bridge. Followed it to the Boy Scout trail and took it over to the Rock House Cave. From there, we stayed on the Boy Scout trail, crossed Cedar Creek, went up to the overlook and back to the lodge.
The only bad thing it the poison ivy is EVERYWHERE. If you don't like it, you should wait until the fall or winter before going.

This was a phenomenal day of hiking! I believe that Indian Creek is the *prettiest* hike in Arkansas, but this trail may very well be the *best.* It has absolutely everything - the CCC lodge, the pioneer cabin, the creek, turtle rocks, caves, pictographs, waterfalls, a great natural bridge. The Grotto on the 7 Hollows portion was beautiful.

Yes, it's 12 miles, but it's a pretty easy 12 miles. I even tacked on the two-mile Cedar Creek Falls Trail. There was, admittedly, some regret on the way back up, as I'd already hiked 11 miles at this point, but you should definitely see the Falls from the bottom.