White Rock Rim Trail [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(146)
Ozark National Forest

White Rock Rim Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winslow, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 164 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

Users have reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information. One of several trailheads for Ozark Highland Trail.

Closed today!! Call ahead. The drive was pretty though!

Great Views! A little out of the way to get there but its worth it!

Kinda sketch, curvy dirt/gravel forest service roads to get here. Not at all my jam… but view from the trail made it worth it!! Absolutely beautiful hike. Only 2 miles but leave plenty of time to take in the view  I couldn't figure out where the crag was to go down and check out. Cash envelope $3 to park  Bathroom and general store at trailhead

fee

Great trail for fantastic views. Lots of built in stops for rest and taking in the views. Easy walk for even low fitness folks, like myself. $3 fee tag you place in an envelope before you start. Will definitely be back!

Very nice trail. Plenty of scenery. Beautiful bluffs.

Beautiful views and well maintained. we hiked with our 4 children ranging from 6 to 16. Many areas are narrow with sheer drop offs, my kids have hiked their entire lives but I would be leary taking young ones that are not accustomed to such conditions.

fee

Easy trail. Beautiful scenery. High cliffs but good trail.

Some of the best scenery and views in Arkansas. High cliffs with no guarding so it may not be a suitable hike for young children. My kids (10 & 11 years old) were fine and we had a great time. Flat trail, easy hike.

Easy trail with great views. Watch the sun set on the west side.

Great short trail with fabulous views. Perfect for sunrise and sunset on the right side of the mountain top.

Great trail. Easy to hike. Amazing views. Gravel/Rock road that twists and turns and climbs to get to the White Rock Mountain Area.

50 miles of green ocean views...absolutely one of the best places to hike for natural beauty. Truly an Arkansas gem.

Easy trail to walk. Trail pretty level. Plenty of shade. Lots & lots of trees.

awesome

A beautiful trail enabling a short hike around the recreation area, I hiked it on my arrival and it provided wonderful views of the region as well as an initial familiarity with the trail network.

Beautiful, and easy for any experience level. Several pavilions and rocky overhangs offer scenic resting places. Be vigilant of wildlife; I saw a black bear while I was there.

Sun Jun 02 2019

Beautiful trail. Be careful some places are a little narrow and close to the edge. Not difficult, but keep an eye on your children.

Sat Jun 01 2019

Fri May 17 2019

Easy access to beautiful views!

Sun May 12 2019

Beautiful easy hike through the White Rock Mountain recreational area. Started at the campgrounds and hiked it with my 6 year old while we stayed there for Mother's Day weekend.

Sat Mar 16 2019

Great trail, especially if you're camping or staying at a cabin on top of the mountain. The trail is easy, and beautiful to hike before sunrise or sunset to watch the sun, as it has scenic overlooks on both the east and the west sides. The drive up the mountain can be a bit unsettling if you're not used to mountains, but my friends and I drive in while it was raining and my truck (2 wheel drive) and the car behind me (Mazda sedan) made the drive up just fine. There's both a parking and an entrance per head fee if you're not staying up there. Theres also a small general store up there.

Mon Feb 18 2019

Great short easy trail. The drive up is harder than the hike. Almost entire trail is panoramas. Road is dirt/gravel and steep switchbacks for several miles. My Four banger has trouble In dry weather definitely wouldn’t try it after a rain in anything less than an suv with awd. Lots of cliffs not a trail for young or impulsive kids. One of my favorite hikes in AR despite it being small. The ENTIRE hike is absolutely gorgeous views and SUPER EASY . Can’t wait to go back.

Sun Jan 06 2019

Great walk for the whole family, well maintained path with little elevation change during the loop. There is a $3.00 fee per vehicle. There's a small general store and a well maintained bathroom. There are a lot of tall cliffs if you plan on taking small children, but even still if you can keep them close by I think it will be fine. Great place to watch the Sun come up and set.

Sat Dec 22 2018

My dad and I love taking a "mental health day" and drive into the countryside near White Rock, often ending up there and going for the loop hike. Good views, good shelters for picnics, good hidden destination when fleeing from the bulk of civilization.

Sat Nov 17 2018

Nice easy trail. Road up to the trail turns to gravel. Coming from Mulberry the gravel road was shorter and you could take any vehicle up it. Coming from Mountainburg the gravel road is significantly longer and a little less even but I had no issues with my Edge AWD. If you are afraid of heights this trail might not be for you as you walk along the edge with some significant drops. Great views! This will be on my list to do next fall when the colors pop.

Sat Nov 03 2018

Love this Trail. Fall foliage was great.