Whitaker Point Trail (Hawksbill Crag)

Whitaker Point Trail (Hawksbill Crag) is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Deer, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The trail's destination is the "Crag", a rock formation that juts out from the bluff's face that resembles a hawk's beak. It overlooks Whitaker Creek and a huge valley stretching for a long distance. but this is not all, in the spring and fall rainy season you can discover a number of waterfalls.

So easy to get to and it's amazing to experience!

awesome hike to hawksbill crag. Beautiful views! 6 mile drive to get to the parking area was definitely rough on my Pontiac, so i would advise an SUV or all wheel drive.

Amazing view at the end, definitely worth it!

Awesome hike with beautiful views. advise Suv or truck to get to parking area if possible.

Great trail..beautiful view...we went earlier in the day and had the Crag all to ourselves

Great trail with beautiful views.....

Beautiful views and the trail wasn't too hard. We checked out the lower part of the waterfall and it didn't disappoint!

We took our two pups on this hike. It was incredible. The views of the ozarks never stop and it was shady and cool. Recommend it!

Nice hike. Great views. No bathroom at trailhead.

Awesome trail. I had no idea the drive up would be so crazy but my outback had no issues. 2WD cars could have a issue driving up to the trail head

Did a sunrise hike to the crag! Lots of fog, a little hard to see the sun because of the trees.

The hike was fantastic, not as long as I thought about one mile in and back out again. I loved the Crags' and hunky rocks perched on the rim. There are lots and lots of hikers here, so prepare to share the trail. Absolutely worth it, wished I had more time to spend ;-(. The Crag that juts out is so amazing, I loved it.

Beautiful hike, very easy to follow the trail, and the view was breath taking! Can't wait to go back when the leaves change.