Whitaker Point Trail (Hawksbill Crag)

Whitaker Point Trail (Hawksbill Crag) is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Deer, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The trail's destination is the "Crag", a rock formation that juts out from the bluff's face that resembles a hawk's beak. It overlooks Whitaker Creek and a huge valley stretching for a long distance. but this is not all, in the spring and fall rainy season you can discover a number of waterfalls.

25 minutes ago

This is a moderate hike, but the view is amazing! We decided to hike it on a foggy day in January, but we had a great time!

Remote THD 6 miles in on unpaved road. Definitely worth the effort. Not a long trail but the crag is beautiful. We were the only two on it for awhile the (week day) we went. Had our snacks there and lingered. One of Arkansas' most scenic areas...the Buffalo Wilderness area has lots to explore. I would definitely recommend this hike. It's not difficult at all.

Beautiful!!

pretty easy but there are some straight uphill short cuts that can make it pretty hard if you decide to take them!

First time visiting this trail and it is by far one of my top favorites! I love how it offers you waterfalls, a real experience of what hiking is & the beautiful ozark mountains! When I reached the point it was so beautiful! Don't do the trail half way! Finish it to see what I'm saying! I finished it around 40 min way in and out! Super fun!

The most well know view is incredible but don't miss the waterfalls right over the edge about half-way in. It's a hide. Treasure too!

Great trail. Waterfall was fabulous. Be sure to go to the bottom of it to fully enjoy it. The crag at the end of the trail is as beautiful as it is scary.

Views are amazing. The trail is well trafficked and easy to follow. Family friendly. Be sure to sign in at the visitor board. I will definitely be going back.

Great after the first spring rain. Great for family time!

Loved this easy hike. Long drive in on dirt road. If you're coming from Boxley Valley, it's steep and rough. If you come in from Hwy 16, it's a MUCH better dirt road, mile longer, but much quicker. Had two boys (10 & 11) in flip flops and they managed great. Place is a must visit.