West Mountain Trail

West Mountain Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My GF and I did this trail after having a light meal in town. offers a great view of the city.

The part of the trail I walked on was pretty. But all the traffic noise rose up from the town. I think there are quieter hikes in Audubon Park and City Park in New Orleans. Second I didn't finish the hike because the signs confused me. I was probably just confusing myself, so that might not be a problem for anyone else.

I loved this trail, you have awesome views of the city and beautiful scenery to walk through. We hiked it with four kids aged 5-15 and they all had a great time. Some of the signs were spray painted black so you couldn't see the trail markers but common sense is all you need. It took us about an hour with a few breaks on the benchs the park had throughout the trail.

This is a good trail, easy to follow and well marked. I would not consider it to be easy at all. Moderate is more like it. All in all it's a good trail.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016