West Mountain Trail

West Mountain Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail for a quick 45 minute hike with good views of the city. Easily accessible and worth your time. Some light elevation will get your heart rate up enough to consider it a good workout.

My GF and I did this trail after having a light meal in town. offers a great view of the city.

The part of the trail I walked on was pretty. But all the traffic noise rose up from the town. I think there are quieter hikes in Audubon Park and City Park in New Orleans. Second I didn't finish the hike because the signs confused me. I was probably just confusing myself, so that might not be a problem for anyone else.

I loved this trail, you have awesome views of the city and beautiful scenery to walk through. We hiked it with four kids aged 5-15 and they all had a great time. Some of the signs were spray painted black so you couldn't see the trail markers but common sense is all you need. It took us about an hour with a few breaks on the benchs the park had throughout the trail.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

This is a good trail, easy to follow and well marked. I would not consider it to be easy at all. Moderate is more like it. All in all it's a good trail.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

More like moderate. There are some tough switch backs that don't show up on this map.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Very nice trail. Easy and clear paths

Monday, February 29, 2016

Awesome trail! Kind of steep but beautiful every step of the way. We came across several small chipmunks that scampered all over the place. Too cute!
It took us about an hour and didn't see anyone else until we were almost done.

Monday, September 14, 2015

My daughter and I enjoyed it as our first hike celebrating this great weather. Looking forward to more. We started on Prospect and came out in central, and walked downtown back to prospect. Just hard and long enough. It took us one hour.

Thursday, April 02, 2015

The trail is lovely and starts at one of the most scenic views in. Hot Springs. From the overlook, the first five tenths of a mile is fairly flat and easy. Good for people with mobility issues. Toward the back part, it connects with a more challenging trail, and has some rocks and becomes moderately steep. You can use the back section to connect the two sections and make the full loop. Once you get over the top of the mountain there are a few switchbacks and it flattens out again. Great for kids! Full loop estimated at just over 2 miles.

Saturday, April 15, 2017