Wedington Hiking Trail

Wedington Hiking Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Siloam Springs, Arkansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail started out beautifully but then about a fourth of the way through the trail was so overgrown and I had a little kid with me I didn't feel safe going through it.

We came out here for the first time and have been pleasantly surprised. We are camping out here and were looking for a peaceful, relaxed trip which is exactly what this campground and trail have to offer. This 3.5 mile trail winds around the lake, takes you by the swimming and recreational area (where you can rent canoes, kayaks, etc- has a snack shack, too, with food and snocones!), has a gazebo outlook, then toward the end takes you by a small waterfall. Tips: 1- after the waterfall, the trail starts up on the other side from where you enter-the trail gets pretty bushy here, so your best bet is to climb the rock wall right there and meet the trail back up at the end of the wall. 2- next obstacle is the trail ending when you come to the road- you find it again after about .2 mi down the road, but the road is pretty curvy and dangerous with traffic. You might ask a ranger if they know if there's a hidden trail that part of the way.

Really pretty hike by Lake Wedington. We started from Hwy 16, went up to the gazebo overlook then headed back. The gazebo overlook wasn't much, too many trees in the way but the trail itself is nice and well-kept.

This is a beautiful trail to hike and a great trail for my little one!! BUT when I tried to run the entire loop about halfway through it meets the road and I had no clue what to do from then on. There are no trail markers or signs indicating you should just follow the road so I just turned back around and went the way I came in. I really wanted to get around the entire lake though...

MAY 3 UPDATE: About half the trail is inaccessible due to the recent heavy rains and flooding. The trail is roped off near the waterfall, as it's been washed out/is under water in parts. The waterfall is going like gangbusters, though, and if you're in the area, you should come take a gander!

The trail is open again, but it's not the same now. The logging that closed the trail seemed to be mainly cutting down trees, but not removing them, and it's a mess. They also cleared all the brush and trees away from the power lines, which I understand, but so much of the what you see as you hike is now bare.

I have hopes that this summer's growth will cover up a lot of the ugly spots, and/or that the park will come in to tidy up a bit. The trail is still pretty nice; I might be less disappointed if I hadn't seen it before. I'll go back in a few months and see how it's shaping up, but I might be taking this one off my "go-to" short hikes list.

Nice trial if you're new to hiking or want to bring kids along. Fisherman use it frequently. Has a waterfall (runoff off the lake) and a switchback trail along the side of it. Could see how it would be nice during the summer with a breeze off the water. It is an out and back right now because there is a gate at the turn around saying the second part of the trail is closed.

the trail is posted as CLOSED due to logging. I was able to bypass it by going around the other side of the lake. however I would not recommend that.

do not take the hike that is not on the lake side. it is pretty in its own way but no creeks no nothing

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

came during fall and beautiful trail. Easy to walk. :)