Wedington Hiking Trail

Wedington Hiking Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Siloam Springs, Arkansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This is a beautiful trail to hike and a great trail for my little one!! BUT when I tried to run the entire loop about halfway through it meets the road and I had no clue what to do from then on. There are no trail markers or signs indicating you should just follow the road so I just turned back around and went the way I came in. I really wanted to get around the entire lake though...

MAY 3 UPDATE: About half the trail is inaccessible due to the recent heavy rains and flooding. The trail is roped off near the waterfall, as it's been washed out/is under water in parts. The waterfall is going like gangbusters, though, and if you're in the area, you should come take a gander!

The trail is open again, but it's not the same now. The logging that closed the trail seemed to be mainly cutting down trees, but not removing them, and it's a mess. They also cleared all the brush and trees away from the power lines, which I understand, but so much of the what you see as you hike is now bare.

I have hopes that this summer's growth will cover up a lot of the ugly spots, and/or that the park will come in to tidy up a bit. The trail is still pretty nice; I might be less disappointed if I hadn't seen it before. I'll go back in a few months and see how it's shaping up, but I might be taking this one off my "go-to" short hikes list.

Nice trial if you're new to hiking or want to bring kids along. Fisherman use it frequently. Has a waterfall (runoff off the lake) and a switchback trail along the side of it. Could see how it would be nice during the summer with a breeze off the water. It is an out and back right now because there is a gate at the turn around saying the second part of the trail is closed.

the trail is posted as CLOSED due to logging. I was able to bypass it by going around the other side of the lake. however I would not recommend that.

do not take the hike that is not on the lake side. it is pretty in its own way but no creeks no nothing

came during fall and beautiful trail. Easy to walk. :)

Make sure to start the trail at the beginning of the lake and not in the actual rec center. Like the person below me said, it's $5 if you start in the rec center but free if you start outside that area.

I was not clear on the location of the trailhead either, then discovered a nifty use for the AllTrails app: when you think you're near it, go into the app to record your hike (it won't start recording yet, don't worry). It will bring up a GPS map showing the trailhead and also where YOU are. Turns out we had to drive about a 1/4 mile back the way we came. I wish I had known this a few weeks ago!

The trail is easy, level, and has great views of the lake, and lots of wildlife. The waterfall was just a trickle today, but lovely nonetheless. This would be a prime hike for fall colors in a few weeks, or for unobstructed views in winter. Otherwise, it's a pleasant jaunt in the National Forest, fun with a dog, and more than worth the short drive if you live in Fayetteville or other nearby town.

Some clarification: access to the Recreation Area is not allowed before 10am, they do ask for $5 from you for use of the area, and your dog is not welcome. *** The trail is NOT in the recreation area *** so none of these strictures apply.

where's the trail head again?... Little lost at first but found it.

Nice walk on a quiet lake. It costs $5 if you start in the park and it opens at 10 am closes at 8pm. About half way along the trail there is a neat waterfall that's about 20 feet high that makes a nice cool place to stop and take a drink.

Waterfall was cool. Lake view for most of the hike as well. There was a disappointing amount of random trash along the trail.