Waterfowl Way

Waterfowl Way is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashdown, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This level loop trail begins at Camping Area E. It crosses a bog and prairie bumps and meanders through both pine and hardwood stands. Fishing, waterfowl observation and photography are popular activities for hikers on this trail. At Cypress Point, a picnic table is available for those wanting to rest or enjoy a picnic lunch. On its return loop the trail passes an active beaver lodge and an alligator 'hole'. This trail is especially popular during the fall and winter months when many varieties of migratory waterfowl use Millwood Lake as a resting site along their long journeys.

This was a nice trail. I hiked it with my 11 year old son. I liked that it has stops with benches about every half mile. Some areas of the trail were covered with water, but it was easy to get around it. Enjoyable.

Hiked this trail back in April when it was flooded. Was still able to do a hike but was not on the trail the majority of the time. Saw a bunch of snakes, if I remember correctly 4 different kinds. I THINK one was poisonous, but so hard to identify some of them as they look so similar. The other 3 were non-venomous. I guess there were so many because they were either displaced by the flooding, or all the water drew them out. So that was cool except worrying about stepping on one somewhere. Think it might have been a nice trail with the benches and stuff I saw around.

Nice hike around the water with some sightings of beautiful water birds.

very peaceful, came across several deer, also a place to sit and relax by the water and watch the alligator.

Very beautiful scenery and relaxing walk. This would make a great biking trail!

I went to this trail this spring, and it was totally flooded. After Alligator Cove (about a mile in) the trail was completely engulfed by the lake. Still a beautiful park, and the shorter trail was really lovely!

Took my two boys (3 1/2 & 22 months) out for a getaway. Easy trail for the kids, and still fun for me. Lots of birds, and the kids had a ball.