Waterfowl Way is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashdown, Arkansas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 9 feet Route Type: Loop

This level loop trail begins at Camping Area E. It crosses a bog and prairie bumps and meanders through both pine and hardwood stands. Fishing, waterfowl observation and photography are popular activities for hikers on this trail. At Cypress Point, a picnic table is available for those wanting to rest or enjoy a picnic lunch. On its return loop the trail passes an active beaver lodge and an alligator 'hole'. This trail is especially popular during the fall and winter months when many varieties of migratory waterfowl use Millwood Lake as a resting site along their long journeys.

A great hike with my buddy Paul. Just awesome.

Nice trail, it goes along Millwood Lake and provides nice scenery and water views. Few spots were flooded from the rain but was easily able to walk around it.

It's getting warmer. Gotta go make the bacon.

Cool wind feels great today. Perfect!!

I've never been or talked to a soul on this trail. I've been at least ten times. Today I saw eight people, 3 dogs, and talked to a guy in a boat.

Beautiful day! It's finally not flooded!

wet and bugs.

Peaceful.

Damp

humid

wet and muddy. A little humid. Its my daily trail

Just wet.

Very nice. Perfect distance for daily hike. Well Maintained as well. Definitely have to come back

flooded

flooded

Trail was easy enough for my 4 year old to complete without tiring. Trail is marked well but floods easily. We had to go off trail several times to complete the loop. Part of the trail had the lake water right up to the edge so I carried my kid as a Park Ranger said there are 12ft Alligators in the lake.

Quick and easy trail! Good beginner trail, took the wife and the one year-old on it today and they had a lot of fun! Good trail for people with kids.

Fri Dec 28 2018

My famiy and I had a great hike. One word of advice. The trails at Milwood hold water. So if it’s been raining be ready to get wet.

Wed Oct 03 2018

Took the girl out for a first day hike January 1 of this year and got engaged on this trail. So yeah. I like it.

Sun May 27 2018

Did Wildlife Lane and it was great to run on...not pavement either!

Tue Mar 20 2018

Not bad

Wed May 17 2017

The park itself is somewhat in disrepair due to the 2015 flood. Trail is well marked with white blazes on trees. Can't get lost on this peninsula. Quiet with good views of the water. Take wate & camera, spray down with bug spray, walk quietly to see birds, turtles, frogs and more. Easy walk.

Fri Mar 24 2017

This was a nice trail. I hiked it with my 11 year old son. I liked that it has stops with benches about every half mile. Some areas of the trail were covered with water, but it was easy to get around it. Enjoyable.

Sun Nov 27 2016

Hiked this trail back in April when it was flooded. Was still able to do a hike but was not on the trail the majority of the time. Saw a bunch of snakes, if I remember correctly 4 different kinds. I THINK one was poisonous, but so hard to identify some of them as they look so similar. The other 3 were non-venomous. I guess there were so many because they were either displaced by the flooding, or all the water drew them out. So that was cool except worrying about stepping on one somewhere. Think it might have been a nice trail with the benches and stuff I saw around.

Thu Sep 01 2016

Nice hike around the water with some sightings of beautiful water birds.

Tue Feb 16 2016

Very beautiful scenery and relaxing walk. This would make a great biking trail!