Tea Kettle Falls Trail

Tea Kettle Falls Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Huntsville, Arkansas that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

old growth

The waterfall is a unique 46 ft. tall waterfall that has eroded a vertical hole in the rock bluff and then turned horizontally, creating a small cave, before emerging through the rock face below the top of the ridge. Thus the name Tea Kettle Falls. Best seen during spring or late fall when there is more chance of rain. Because this trail is faint, and is more of a bushwack, this is more specific directions to the falls: head across the field to the south side of the creek, follow the creek down hill, at about one mile you will see the first drainage (Reynolds Hollow) on your left, (there is a nice little waterfall a short distance up stream), continue past Reynolds Hollow to the next drainage, (you should be able to hear the falls if the water is up), turn left, cross the creek, and head up the drainage about 100 yds to the falls. Return the way you came

Just did this hike. We followed Jen York's directions below and it was spot on. Don't follow the directions from the app. Follow the creekbed vs the trail. Be prepared to get wet up to the chins / knees depending on when you go. Reynolds Falls was flowing but Kettle Falls wasn't. Still well worth it though.

There is no 'trail' to tea kettle. I followed the GPS from the app and it brought me to some guys front yard and signs everywhere saying no trespassing. The best way to get to the trail is in ONSC. We walked about a mile in and found a small cave in which we found a mountain lion and got the hell outta there. Didn't get to get to the falls because the mountain lion scared us half to death.

We walked in the creek bed the entire time. Trail is very overgrown. Reynolds Falls is first, then walk about the same distance farther up the creek to find Tea Kettle Falls. You will leave the main Creek bed and follow a tributary into the Hollow (on the left). Beautiful place, but not much water today. Will definitely go back again.

Rough drive getting there. Glad I have a full size truck. After some searching, found the trail but it was too overgrown for me to go on with two 10 year old kids. But had a great time exploring up and down in the creek. I would consider trying again someday.

Drive here yesterday with my wife and dogs and Holy crap the drive itself was treacherous. it started as a dirt and gravel road. Then the rocks got a lot bigger and the road a heck of s lot steeper with washout areas and deep ruts. Once you start down you cannot turn around until the bottom and the way down is hair raising.

We finally made it to the spot, an open green field next to a stream and there were no paths at all. Not even an animal path. We searched around and only found a road with water running over it.

So we called it another bust and headed back up the scary climb. if we didn't have an all wheel drive SUV we probably would have gotten stuck.

DO NOT TRY WITHOUT LOTS OF GROUND CLEARANCE AND ALL-WHEEL DRIVE/FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE!!!

Unless someone forgot to maintain it, this is definitely not a trail. Don't waste your time.

The trail head was a little hard to find. There is no marked parking lot. It is on a turn right before you cross the creek bed. The trail was great for taking my dogs. I walked up the creek bed the majority of the way and explored a couple of the creeks running into the main stream. The large waterfall was not running as I expected at this time of year. The smaller waterfall is a great place for photographers.
I look forward to going back when the large waterfall is running.

My dogs highly recommend this hike!

Although the trail head was vague, the trail is easily visible and there are a few orange/pink surveyor tapes in the trees marking the general direction. If you lose the trail just follow the creek bed and the trail will come back eventually. An excellent adventure.

gorgeous Creek crystal clear water beautiful waterfall. well worth it will be back!