Tea Kettle Falls Trail

Tea Kettle Falls Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Huntsville, Arkansas that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The waterfall is a unique 46 ft. tall waterfall that has eroded a vertical hole in the rock bluff and then turned horizontally, creating a small cave, before emerging through the rock face below the top of the ridge. Thus the name Tea Kettle Falls. Best seen during spring or late fall when there is more chance of rain. Because this trail is faint, and is more of a bushwack, this is more specific directions to the falls: head across the field to the south side of the creek, follow the creek down hill, at about one mile you will see the first drainage (Reynolds Hollow) on your left, (there is a nice little waterfall a short distance up stream), continue past Reynolds Hollow to the next drainage, (you should be able to hear the falls if the water is up), turn left, cross the creek, and head up the drainage about 100 yds to the falls. Return the way you came.

I can't rate the "trail" as I walked the dried up creek bed. (9/17/17). I was thankful for that as the trail is pretty overgrown (as most of the reviews state). Here were a few pockets of water, looked to be spring fed and beautiful water. Lots of armadillos

Just did this hike. We followed Jen York's directions below and it was spot on. Don't follow the directions from the app. Follow the creekbed vs the trail. Be prepared to get wet up to the chins / knees depending on when you go. Reynolds Falls was flowing but Kettle Falls wasn't. Still well worth it though.

We walked in the creek bed the entire time. Trail is very overgrown. Reynolds Falls is first, then walk about the same distance farther up the creek to find Tea Kettle Falls. You will leave the main Creek bed and follow a tributary into the Hollow (on the left). Beautiful place, but not much water today. Will definitely go back again.

Rough drive getting there. Glad I have a full size truck. After some searching, found the trail but it was too overgrown for me to go on with two 10 year old kids. But had a great time exploring up and down in the creek. I would consider trying again someday.

Drive here yesterday with my wife and dogs and Holy crap the drive itself was treacherous. it started as a dirt and gravel road. Then the rocks got a lot bigger and the road a heck of s lot steeper with washout areas and deep ruts. Once you start down you cannot turn around until the bottom and the way down is hair raising.

We finally made it to the spot, an open green field next to a stream and there were no paths at all. Not even an animal path. We searched around and only found a road with water running over it.

So we called it another bust and headed back up the scary climb. if we didn't have an all wheel drive SUV we probably would have gotten stuck.

DO NOT TRY WITHOUT LOTS OF GROUND CLEARANCE AND ALL-WHEEL DRIVE/FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE!!!

Unless someone forgot to maintain it, this is definitely not a trail. Don't waste your time.

The trail head was a little hard to find. There is no marked parking lot. It is on a turn right before you cross the creek bed. The trail was great for taking my dogs. I walked up the creek bed the majority of the way and explored a couple of the creeks running into the main stream. The large waterfall was not running as I expected at this time of year. The smaller waterfall is a great place for photographers.
I look forward to going back when the large waterfall is running.

My dogs highly recommend this hike!

Although the trail head was vague, the trail is easily visible and there are a few orange/pink surveyor tapes in the trees marking the general direction. If you lose the trail just follow the creek bed and the trail will come back eventually. An excellent adventure.

gorgeous Creek crystal clear water beautiful waterfall. well worth it will be back!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Tea Kettle Falls is more unique than the more popular Glory Hole Falls. Beat to go in winter or early spring when the ground is saturated.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Great hike, especially if you take the jeep road route that takes you to the top of the falls. Couldn't get down to the bottom tho. Water wasn't flowing but it still made for unique sights on the falls. Is tricky to find, just have to pay attention to signs on the way up. Going back through the bushwhack trail when it rains more.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Beautiful hike but a little tricky to find.

Apple maps will take you to the wrong place, however Google maps will get you right there.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easy hike with a bunch of water features including multiple waterfalls and springs. You must go after it rains. Tea Kettle Falls will dry up and stop running during periods of little rain. There was a well traveled trail when I went late winter. You can also follow the creek about 1 mile to the waterfall on the left. You know you're getting close when you come across a rock bluff that covers the creek some.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Definitely was a nice little hike. Very pretty, especially the crystal clear water!!!! Finding the Falls was kinda tricky but just follow the creek. Tea Kettle Falls just had a little trickle of water coming out, but Reynolds Falls was flowing nicely! I would do this trail again if I for sure knew that Tea Kettle was flowing. None the less it made for a nice day adventure! Jen York's post was super helpful.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

It was pretty but we could find the trail so we were not able to find the water fall. nothing mark and it is way over grown. would be easy to get lost. We won't go again which is sad.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

The road to the trail is quite difficult to find but if you follow Jen York's(her review is below) directions you will find it with no problem. The road is very steep but manageable in a car. We just walked the creek rather than looking for a true trail. The water is crystal clear and beautiful. We found Reynolds Falls and it was beautiful with a pretty pool below it. You have to pay attention to be able to find the Reynolds Falls (again Jen York's review will guide you). Loved it!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

My brother and I did this hike yesterday. We walked up the creek in order to stay off the trail where we were picking up ticks like crazy. If you decide to walk the creek, prepare to get wet. It was shin deep most of the way with some areas getting knee and almost waist deep. It was worth it though, with us finally seeing Tea Kettle Falls in its full glory! Reynold's Falls was flowing with some authority as well.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Trail is horribly overgrown I suggest taking the creek but you will get wet, very very wet. Awesome area as long as you avoid the trail option, this year the trail should not be an option at all. Found remnants of a deer kill that was mostly eaten but some meat left on the leg bones. Beautiful crystal clear water but high during rainy season. Difficult is an understatement but well worth hiking again with or without the falls.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

The directions from All Trails took me right to the field that I needed to park in. I have signed up for buffalo river water levels through usgs.gov and it had a level of 12.08 ft. That was the news I was waiting for, all the waterfalls in the area were flowing great. I walked right by it like a lot of others, I turned around disappointed, and then I found it. I'm glad I did! The pictures I uploaded were of the falls and the bluffs right before the falls, 90 and 91. One more thing, walking through the creek was by far the best option. Where I got out to walk around fast flowing areas is where I needed to be on the other side to go to both falls, and I was chewed up by the stinging nettle and thorn vines everytime I was out of the water.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Beautiful day for a hike! We walked the creek bed because a couple guys who had just walked the trail told us that the ticks were out and biting. Reynolds Falls was flowing but we never found Tea Kettle Falls because we didn't know exactly where it was. When we got home I opened Google Earth and found where we made our mistake. We apparently walked right past the little turn off to the north that would have led us right there. Instead, we came to a fork in the creek and followed it for another quarter mile until we realized we weren't going to find it. I have uploaded a map that I made using Google Earth to hopefully make this find easier for others!

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Walked this trail again today with my brother. Great hike like always. Was hoping Tea Kettle Falls was flowing today after the rain. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Try again another time!