Sunset Trail

Sunset Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking.

Very nice trail that is marked well except when other trails intersect. Definitely worth it though!

This will take out to balanced rock. It's been 2 years since I been here but it is a good hike. It's not for someone's first hike.

Hard hike! Beautiful view!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Very fun trail with great views of the surrounding mountains. Didn't complete trail because of weather but the section we walked was quite a workout and will definitely come back to complete the trail.

Friday, September 25, 2015

If you park off of HWY 70/West Grand a little over 10 hrs w/2.5 being stopped and 17 miles later , 14 in woods/ 3 pounding pavement ,w/3500' elevation gain you will arrive back at the auto. This is the whole ball of wax including two spurs, Gulpha Gorge, part of HS Mnt and downtown. Mostly undulating trails. I had to come back w/GPS. New moon/no moon found me w/torch for 2 miles as i started at 5:18 am. Saw the sunrise from Music Mnt. Previously I had hiked most of the trl & spurs hiked into town and caught the city bus back to the auto after making a transfer. This time I wanted to make the whole loop. Even stopped in the HS Visitor center for some cold water and A/C on the final leg. If not for stopping/eating/playing w/GPS I could've clocked it in 8 hrs if need be. I'll be back soon now that I'm familiar w/trail. A bit more than moderate due to the length, I can climb the west side of Pinnacle 5 times, have a few more feet in elevation gain, in six miles. Technical it isn't, but two thumbs up for being in the middle of the spa city andf a 17 mile loop.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Nice hike. It was especially cool even though it was a hot day.

Thursday, September 03, 2015

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Haven't done the whole trail yet, but the section I did was quite a work out! It is a fun trail though and definitely will be working on getting it completed.

Saturday, February 07, 2015