Springhill Park

Springhill Park is a 5.7 mile loop trail located near Barling, Arkansas. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for mountain biking.

I really liked this trail. The only issue was there were not many clearings to allow air to get in so it was pretty balmy. Had a great run and will be more prepared with water next time!

I'm a 70-year-old "advanced" novice, preferring paved, scenic rides, but enjoying scenic off-road trails and the occasional smooth and fast curvy stretch or downhill. We travel in our RV and seek out trails in our travels. This was one of the most enjoyable in our three years of off-road trail riding. The west section is more manicured. The east section is wilder. On both sections the trail is well-defined with mostly smooth, well-drained, compacted sand. Few roots and even fewer rocks. Great variety and a skills-developing ride. Scenic in a modest, neighborhood forest way. Only saw three other riders on the whole circuit on a Saturday. Helmets are a must due to close trees, a few tiny "tree gates" and some low hanging limbs. Uphills and downhills were modest in length and incline. Buggy on the eastern section. The only reason I did not rate this 5 stars is because of its modest nature which may not appeal to the gung-ho riders. I would call it easy-to-moderate and highly recommend it for those wanting a fun experience without much risk of accident.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Monday, July 25, 2016

This is a great biking trail, with lots of challenging roots.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I absolutely love this trail. I have ridden it in the day and on night rides. It is well maintained and has nice options, especially for someone that is not too experienced.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

It was an amazing ride for me and Karen and hope to do it again soon

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Springhill park is always an awesome ride day or nite!! Ride yesterday and the leaves we a lil slick but an awesome ride!!!

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

one of the nicest and best marked

Saturday, November 21, 2015

loved this trail!

Friday, October 23, 2015

Just finished up this trail yesterday. Really enjoyed it. I agree, it is a really easy trail with little challenge. The trail was easy to follow and marked pretty well. Some sand by the river (along with areas with poison ivy directly off the trail). I was not charged at the park entrance to ride the trails. I believe I recorded the majority of the trails. What I liked is the different Tuesday of ground covered (bottom land scrub, floodplain hardwood, open grassy areas). There were a few added ramps and other obstacles built. Overall very enjoyable and glad I stopped to ride through.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Friday, October 02, 2015

Nice smooth single track for mountain biking. It's smooth enough that I have ridden a cyclocross bike on it with no problem. Since it is next to the river, it is a pretty flat trail. Throughout the trail network, there are log run features you can choose to ride over or around.

There is a gate at the entrance to the park, but you only need to stop at it if you are paying for a campsite. I normally park in the parking lot by the playground in the center.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Sunday, November 02, 2014

Great biking trails for those wanting off road experience!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Great trail for beginners and up. Not too many climbs, lots of hard packed dirt, a few wooden bridges over creek beds. Depending on where you go in you are usually not to far from your car. Nice smooth single track.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Monday, September 02, 2013

Nice smooth ride for the most part. Just a few dips. The first half of the trail is the best part. I would skip the second half and ride the first half multiple times.