Sneeds Creek Trail

Sneeds Creek Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Compton, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

historic site

Very beautiful even during the dry season. My wife and I, along with another couple backpacked Sneed's Creek from the Compton trailhead and then looped back by way of Hemmed in Hollow. Sneed's Creek was somewhat overgrown and hard to see the trail, but was very beautiful nonetheless. We camped north of the old homestead near where Sneed's Creek feeds into the Buffalo River. Many primitive campsites were along the trail. We filtered all of our water from the Buffalo, however, I wouldn't recommend drinking straight from the source. Definitely a hard hike with a backpack but very well worth it.

Rough trail and tough hike but the scenery at sneeds Creek is awesome!!!!! if you follow sneeds Creek past granny Henderson's house, useing the Buffalo River Trail and cross the river, you can eventually pick up the hemmed in Hollow Trail back up to the trailhead. You can make this a big loop with the hemmed-in Hollow Trail.

Goat Trail was awesome!!!!

This was a surprising trail. We added this loop onto our centerpoint trail to give us more miles. It turned out to be a new favorite. The creek is beautiful and a good place for water. There were several spots along creek with fire rings and flat spots to camp. There were some old cars abandon Apple orchards and a tough uphill climb.

Perhaps my favorite place...a challenge to get in and out and lots to explore.

The trail was pretty overgrown in some places and a little rugged, but the hike to the creek was definitely worth it! There are some beautiful falls and swimming holes, and I didn't see anyone else on the trail all day. I would definitely go back!

Friday, April 07, 2017

One of our favorite trails.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

This is a longer, yet scenic trail for hiking down to the Buffalo River. The first part of the trail is rather steep and rugged, for it is also a horse trail, but levels off to a flatter hike once it reaches Sneeds Creek.
There are old broken down cars along the trail as well as many waterfalls. There is also a small cave near the end of the trail. There are a few water crossings, but I really enjoyed this hike.

Sunday, April 16, 2017