Sneeds Creek and Hemmed in Hollow Loop

Sneeds Creek and Hemmed in Hollow Loop is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Compton, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and backpacking and is accessible year-round.

cave

historic site

This one kicked my butt today. The trail splits frequently so pay attention. And do not go when it’s hot unless you enjoy heat stroke. It was amazing weather today but I wouldnt want to be out there any warmer than it was ( a balmy 64 in January ) but incredibly strenuous. I’m not fit by any means, but even the healthy peppy college kiddos out there were dying. Pack a ton of water and if you are asthmatic bring your inhaler !
Water proof hiking boots and trek poles will make your life so much easier. The trail is basically a creek bed after a rain. With wet leafy stone steps . Going down watch your step, going up watch your breathing lol. Get there early if you go on a weekend it was Uber crowded. Ps if you drive a little car it’s a muddy dirt road with huge holes and washboards . Be careful ! I would say no for kids. It doesn’t have the drop off like the goat trail, but lots of places to slip, several creek crossings and overall every kid I saw today was absolutely exhausted halfway in.

It was incredibly beautiful! But be prepared for some hard work !

Very beautiful even during the dry season. My wife and I, along with another couple backpacked Sneed's Creek from the Compton trailhead and then looped back by way of Hemmed in Hollow. Sneed's Creek was somewhat overgrown and hard to see the trail, but was very beautiful nonetheless. We camped north of the old homestead near where Sneed's Creek feeds into the Buffalo River. Many primitive campsites were along the trail. We filtered all of our water from the Buffalo, however, I wouldn't recommend drinking straight from the source. Definitely a hard hike with a backpack but very well worth it.

Rough trail and tough hike but the scenery at sneeds Creek is awesome!!!!! if you follow sneeds Creek past granny Henderson's house, useing the Buffalo River Trail and cross the river, you can eventually pick up the hemmed in Hollow Trail back up to the trailhead. You can make this a big loop with the hemmed-in Hollow Trail.

Goat Trail was awesome!!!!

This was a surprising trail. We added this loop onto our centerpoint trail to give us more miles. It turned out to be a new favorite. The creek is beautiful and a good place for water. There were several spots along creek with fire rings and flat spots to camp. There were some old cars abandon Apple orchards and a tough uphill climb.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Perhaps my favorite place...a challenge to get in and out and lots to explore.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

The trail was pretty overgrown in some places and a little rugged, but the hike to the creek was definitely worth it! There are some beautiful falls and swimming holes, and I didn't see anyone else on the trail all day. I would definitely go back!

Friday, April 07, 2017

One of our favorite trails.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

This is a longer, yet scenic trail for hiking down to the Buffalo River. The first part of the trail is rather steep and rugged, for it is also a horse trail, but levels off to a flatter hike once it reaches Sneeds Creek.
There are old broken down cars along the trail as well as many waterfalls. There is also a small cave near the end of the trail. There are a few water crossings, but I really enjoyed this hike.

Sunday, November 19, 2017